Racing Ralphs for wet conditions?

RoboLuke

Hi like my Racing Ralphs but I am getting woried than when the rain comes I am gonna see my arse. Anyone have experience with these for wet/muddy conditions?

I have been using them in the wet Cape winter and found them to have awesome grip... The rubber is of a softer (grippier) compound than most tyres. Also the block-spacing worked for me!

I've used them in the wet, as in proper wet, with mud like slurry and no problems, they actually track and hook up quite well. That said I only use one on the back with a Rocket Ron on the front. Considering that I don't believe there is really such a thing as an "all conditions tyre", this is most definitely the best all conditions combo I've ever ridden.

So maybe if you're running them front and back, then change the front to a Ron?

I've used them in the wet, as in proper wet, with mud like slurry and no problems, they actually track and hook up quite well. That said I only use one on the back with a Rocket Ron on the front. Considering that I don't believe there is really such a thing as an "all conditions tyre", this is most definitely the best all conditions combo I've ever ridden.

So maybe if you're running them front and back, then change the front to a Ron?

I ride with this combo (Rocket Ron - front; Racing Ralph - back) all year round, no issues. Well I did on my full-sus anyway. Haven't had the 29'er long enough to comment on that setup.

You okes over complicate things. The chances that you will be pushing ANY tyre beyond its limits and ability of sticking to the ground is slim to none. Unless you ride with slicks, ANY tyre with any decent knobs will stick like **** on a blanket. One year I raced Trans on 1.5" Continental Cross Country tyres, SUPER thin knobblies. Didn't have any issues with traction, up or down hill.