Cycling Bib shorts

MoreTrails

Hey Guys

So my ass is in the market for some new bib shorts. I have seen First Ascent bibs for a relatively decent price and keen to know if anyone has ridden them and can rate then.

I have tried Cape Storm and we did not have a good time together so those are out of the question.

Also, if anyone knows where I can get my grubby paws on Cannondale bibs I would be eternally grateful as these I find are the best fit for me. I have seen in the past Chunkey Monkey (?) selling them, as well as the baggies (which I have 2 pairs and find awesome).

So there it is, any other suggestions in the R600-R800 price point would be great - and don't just blurt out Assos or something, I don;t have that kind of dosh...

Happy trails

Bought a pair of INDOLA bib shorts from CWC here by Tygervalley and cost me R850. Nice fit and great padding for long rides. I bought it to use in the Karoo to Coast 100km ride. Was thinking of getting the First Ascent Revolution bibs too, but the padding was just not as good as the INDOLA's - personal opinion

Good luck in your search though....

Try the custom route - I've had loads of shorts made by Margyn Promotions.

They have several shorts deigns, chamois and you get to choose the length.

Definitely in your price range too.

Only downside is - I don't know if they have a minimum order quantity.

Most comfortable shorts I've ever used - including Assos, Giordana, First Ascent etc.

www.margyn.co.za

No - I'm not related, employed, sponsored or sleeping with any of them.

Tried First Ascent and didn't like them. Cape Storm Matrix were ok but the jury's still out as I've only done 1 ride in them. Just picked up some Specialized Freeway bibs and they are awesome! Awesome padding, great fit and they normally only cost around R750.

I used First Ascent for 3 years now and can't fault them. But I never tried anything else, so can't compare them to other brands. The Revolution was good for 130km, but the Endurance was not that good. A friend bought the CPR and is very happy with it.

Hey Guys

So my ass is in the market for some new bib shorts. I have seen First Ascent bibs for a relatively decent price and keen to know if anyone has ridden them and can rate then.

I have tried Cape Storm and we did not have a good time together so those are out of the question.

Also, if anyone knows where I can get my grubby paws on Cannondale bibs I would be eternally grateful as these I find are the best fit for me. I have seen in the past Chunkey Monkey (?) selling them, as well as the baggies (which I have 2 pairs and find awesome).

So there it is, any other suggestions in the R600-R800 price point would be great - and don't just blurt out Assos or something, I don;t have that kind of dosh...

Happy trails

Endura are also very nice - Gumbo sells them.

I have used the revolution bib short.. OKish I reckon. (well I lost a bit of weight since I bought them)

I have tried the Rapid Sport bib (15 Pepper Street CT) and they were really comfortable. I haven't tried the one with the imported chamios (something between shape of First Ascent and dimples of Assos). Rapid sport is really cheap as they make the bib themselves on the premises.

Right now I have two Anatomic bib's - really nice, and a Jaggad bib (Australia) which I find really comfortable.

Good luck man :thumbup:

Medac's bibs are the business according to my guy. www.medacsport.co.za. Great price but if you want to spend more, for extra comfy-ness, you can have them custommade if you really want to too.

Try Second Skins. Speak to Tammy - tammy@secondskins.co.za

He is a good friend and gave me a few pairs to try. I think they are really great. Pricing should be very very good compared to other "Big Brand Names"

rgds

Rapid Sport. Top quality and straight from the factory so no large mark up prices.

Edited by Specialized <3

Medac's bibs are the business according to my guy. www.medacsport.co.za. Great price but if you want to spend more, for extra comfy-ness, you can have them custommade if you really want to too.

I have a pair of these. Got them from South Bay cycles in Centurion for R520-00. Longest ride so far was 80km and find them very comfy and great padding.

I have a pair of these. Got them from South Bay cycles in Centurion for R520-00. Longest ride so far was 80km and find them very comfy and great padding.