[Event] Varsity College 12hrs Of Pure Adrenaline

Richard Beswick

I will be there. looking forward to this as part of my training for the double C and The Vlei 24 hour...bring it on Ri :clap:

We're looking at putting in a team of singlespeeders for the 12hr.

the_nerd and I will be at the 12 hour on our singlespeeds. How big a team do you want to put together? And are you serious riders or not so much?

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, get your teams in for this event, the course is looking great and the venue even better. Braai packs available all day and of course braai's to braai them on.

All other food such as chicken prego's etc will be on sale for R25. There is a pool right at the start finish, so if it is as hot as last year it will be perfect to cool off after a lap.

Remember the trail run for all those eager supporters, 5km or the full 12hr route. If you are really brave, do the run then the ride!

Seems like it will be the day of the 3 S's ...

Sandals & Single Speed

Ok Rich, well I know the sum of sweet blow all about sufficient lighting, wat type of lumens am I looking for? (Bear in mind we're still varsity students, so money is extremely tight, I was prob gonna end up strapping a few torches to my helmet? Any guys know of a good deal or old set they wanna sell at a reasonable price?

Hi Mike, i think with about 200-350 lumens you should be good, lights are getting cheaper and cheaper and more powerful. I know the guys from magic shine do some great lights for cheap prices. otherwise the knog boomer could work, with a decent headlight.

it's all about fun, so if strapping touches on is your game go for it.

there must be guys on the forum that have lights to sell for cheap.

Rich

Sandals for the (short!) trail run, and singlespeed for the (short!) solo event.

Should be a fun in the sun day

The sandals should be good for the trail run, and one nice little climb that will test you on the singlespeed.

The is a fantastic pool at the start finish line, great way to cool off in between the trail run and 12hr

A 10-12km loop seems a bit long to me, especially when it'll be my 1st 12hr solo. Is this the norm? Rode 6-7km loops before and that was quite cool. Back at camp before you're really tired and to keep contact with supporters, but long enough to stretch the field.

Hi Fester

it will be closer to the 9km mark. some guys like the longer loops due to the fact that they don't get too bored, so it is a bit of a compromise each way. You will like the route, it is quite a fast flowing lap, not too technical but some fun singletrack sections and interesting bits.

Hey Richard.

On the 2 person team do you need to ride with your partner of individualy?

Cheers

Glen

Not to worry. Found the answer on the cyclelab entries page.