Urban Assault 2011

Capricorn

Right gents in cape town, word is this race is ON, 22 - 23 October!

Anyone have any info about where, lets have it.

Edited by Capricorn

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have the balls, bike or body armour for this race, but I'll gladly spectate :thumbup:

+1.... well I would say the bike and body armour.... I always love a challenge :D

what sorta agreements danegar? ;) come man, clues. If it's about sponsorship, i'll pass. But any info on route etc will be appreciated :D

Edited by Capricorn

Cant wait!!!

...except that if you fall it will be onto a concrete wall or elec fence rather than a bush <_<

Any1 got 2.5 slicks :P

what sorta agreements danegar? ;) come man, clues. If it's about sponsorship, i'll pass. But any info on route etc will be appreciated :D

I really don't know much more than that, but it usually boils down to land use negotiations. That is the biggest issue when it comes to organizing races, even if it is Urban. No one ever wants to commit to anything, thus prob the down low.

I will be there on the old hardtail. If its anything like last time its a gnarly track. Daneger you riding tomorrow?

Hey bud, I'm keen to ride, you gonna be able to? I there is a frame available for R1000 excl shock, R1500 incl shock. The Raleigh RDH 7.0 / Azonic Eliminator Downhill Frame

Guest Omega Man

Aparently it's gonna be more or less the same route as the 2009 one when the athertons were here. It's down that fire road and then through the school.

The old route down the stairs is KAAAK dangerous and traffic bacon have to be employed to watch the road crossings.

Ah man!

I think I need to think about a trip o CT next month.

Got the bike (think I'll go with the 4X bike over the DH bike)

Got the body armour

Dunno about the kahonas... but I've always wanted to try an Urban Assault

Now just to get my A into G.

Ah man!

I think I need to think about a trip o CT next month.

Got the bike (think I'll go with the 4X bike over the DH bike)

Got the body armour

Dunno about the kahonas... but I've always wanted to try an Urban Assault

Now just to get my A into G.

Patches, what knee and elbow pads do you guys suggest for AM riding? I seriously need to start invest in something like that. Don't want something that's too bulky though. Just enough protection should the odd tree, rock etc jump in your way!