[Event] Habit 320 Charity Ride

Seadog

Event Name: Habit 320 Charity Ride
When: 5 December 2011
Where: Little Switzerland Drakensberg to Durban, Kwazulu-Natal
Category: Road

HABIT 320 CHARITY RIDE FROM DRAKENSBURG TO DURBAN (320KM) in One Day

MONDAY 5th December 2011

This is the event that most serious cyclists aspire to ride. 12 hours of vasbyt and camaderie never experienced in any other event. A cycle longer than any stage of the TDF, where the jerseys are worn with pride and your head is held high because you made a difference!

In addition to the outstanding long ride, we will also be raising funds for a baby home in Durban.

Mark this date in your calendar and start training.

As far as cyclists go, the folk who want to do the long trip (320 km), pretty much obligatory for real CYCLISTS J should have either done the Jock or a 100 miler this year. We can also consider having cyclists to join us for legs of the ride. Team car(s) will support us for the journey from Harrismith and along the way etc...

We are driven by coach from Durban 10h00 to arrive at Little Switzerland on Sunday 4th December and enjoy accommodation there

The ride will take place on Monday.

Remember it is NOT a race.

December is AIDS awareness month.

Join other like minded cyclists for the extreme challenge and all for a great cause.

Raise funds through www.backabuddy.co.za

SPONSOR A CYCLIST TO RIDE

The one day “Gabran route” from Little Switzerland to Durban, following R103 and Amashova route, has a focus namely to raise funds for a crisis, HIV affected, babies home in DURBAN.

Baby House

is a transition home for HIV affected, abandoned and orphaned babies. The babies are between birth and 1 year old and are placed in loving homes within 6 months of being taken in.

If you are interested in visiting this home, please contact Justin Foxton at www.charitycycle.org for further details.

WHAT YOU CAN DO

• Arrange a sponsorship of R3300.00 to secure your entry.
  • Get us to assist you in raising awareness and support.
  • Come see the home and offer your assistance in caring for the little ones. A special visiting day will be arranged at the home. You can spend the day or a couple of hours holding and caring for a baby.

Contact details:

Mike Lewis

A Trustee - HABIT (Hiv Abandoned Babies and Infants TRUST) Trust #12902/06 NPO 056/364 and PBO 930 027 759

mlewis@rsssa.co.za

Go to Event Page

A perfect way to start the Christmas holidays! Twelve hour ride at an average of 25kmph with stops to regroup and eat/drink. It's an incredible ride. Sign up already!!!