True tubeless?

Goodbadugly

Any of you who has succeeded in a tubeless set up WITHOUT sealant (like a car)? I have not. Even the Maxxis LUST and Continental Tubeless tires leak through the sidewalls.

So why buy UST tire if it is not a true tubeless tire?

UST tyres still need sealant, but they dont cut as easy(thicker sidewalls) and on some tyres fit tighter on the rim. This comes at a cost though, they are much heavier than their non UST cousins

Choose your poison I suppose...thick, heavy, reliable / thin, light, cuts easy

Any of you who has succeeded in a tubeless set up WITHOUT sealant (like a car)? I have not. Even the Maxxis LUST and Continental Tubeless tires leak through the sidewalls.

So why buy UST tire if it is not a true tubeless tire?

I think you will find its your rim.Get yourself 2bliss rims...not 2bliss ready.Big diff

I have Captain Contro 2bliss on Mavic Crossmax and they seal without snot

I have inflated my Easton EA90XC rims fitted with Specialized Fast Trak Control LK's without sealant and they held the pressure well for a few days. Depends if the rims are true UST with the interlocking bead system.

Edited by andrè traut

Go figure....car tyre is 4x thicker than MTB tyre...

a UST tyre has a very nice bead that seats quite tight on the rim...noermal tyres beads does not seat as easily on rim (without soem persuation, that is...)

Stan ZTR Alpines with Kenda small block 8 UST's ' been sealed for a month or so now with no sealant .

American Classics with Vredestein Black Panther. Sealed without slime, no problem. Stayed inflated for a week.

What I regard as seal is a bit longer than some other guys, its relative. Yes, my conti tubeless tyres on ZTR Crest rims also inflate with a footpump but doesn't keep for more than a day or two. With sealant I havent had to add air for over two months.

Also with slime/sealant you can ride over duweltjies no sweat. With no sealant...eish

A tubeless tire weighs 700 grams. A tube tire 500 grams and a standard tube 200 grams. The tube tire stays inflated for weeks (if you don't hit a pach of dubbeltjies) Why can I not expect a tubeless tire with the same weight in rubber to seal just as well?

Aren't you looking for k@k without sealant?

Many guys ride with tubes without sealant. Depends if you ride in areas with duiweltjies.

Many guys ride with tubes without sealant. Depends if you ride in areas with duiweltjies.

I meant the guys riding tubeless tyres without sealant..