Who's riding where and what this weekend?

Chubba

And I don’t mean your girlfriend, wife, mistress(s), boyfriend, husband nor toy boy(s)!

Name the spot and the type of riding.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

with my son who also became a member of tygerberg mtb club yesterday.anywhere for the whole weekend as the wife has gone to visit the mom in law.

I am going up Breedts! Yippeee!!! If you riding there Sunday, smile and wave at the nice Yamaha TW200 that goes slowly past you. Thats gonna be me. Considering taking a few cokes with in my pack for you guys. :)

THought I'd just throw myself into the Tour de Worcester and get the race season off to some sort of start. Can't decide on the 68 or the 90-whatever. Guess I'll know on race morning.

post-12790-0-06583000-1315563889.jpg - That looks like an awesome (read tough) climb, on a tandem?

Nah, no tandem! That is a rondom pic I picked of google.Will be ridign on my own road bike, with a 34/27 gear ratio :D

A bunch of us will be doing ~70kms as final prep for K2C...

Leaving S-West in direction water works...hit off road to Kompanjiesdrift pad; then make our way to Stellenbosch (Paradyskloof /Eden) and behind Coetzenburg; then on to Joonkershoek; do the 10km loop and back over Rust en Vrede & Stellenzicht to Eikendal and back to S-west...

Hopefully my a$$ will survive...

THought I'd just throw myself into the Tour de Worcester and get the race season off to some sort of start. Can't decide on the 68 or the 90-whatever. Guess I'll know on race morning.

Seeded event?

If the weather plays nice, i will be in Tokai at 8.45 tomorrow morning learning to fly on some single track. (accompanied by 2 hubbers, who will pick up the pieces if it goes south)

Seeded event?

If the weather plays nice, i will be in Tokai at 8.45 tomorrow morning learning to fly on some single track. (accompanied by 2 hubbers, who will pick up the pieces if it goes south)

Wanna do Lazy Lizzard on Sunday - Harties

Seeded event?

Seems so ... I ain't done it before. Ugh, I hate long drives to races, I feel half-asleep by the time I get there.

ORBIT TOUR DE WORCESTER: NOTE NEW VENUE

Sunday 11 September 2011

DISTANCES 98 km, 69 km

STARTING TIMES 07h30, 08h45

ORGANISING COMMITTEE Lions Club Worcester

VENUE Kleinplasie show grounds, R60, Worcester

ENQUIRIES Hanno Conradie

PHONE 082 775 9242

EMAIL hanno@merwida.com

PRIZE GIVING 13h00

CUT-OFF 13h30

PRE-ENTRIES CLOSE 08 September 2011

ONLINE ENTRIES https://secure.entries.co.za/onlineentries/landingpage.aspx?EID=1316

ROUTE DESCRIPTION

New venue! The event will start at the Kleinplasie show grounds (Kleinplasie Plaasmuseum) in Worcester, which means both routes will hit the few small climbs through Brandwacht (including “Leeu se Nek”) now shortly after the start. Enjoy the breather on the flat section before turning right onto the R43, direction Ceres/Wolseley. Please exercise caution on this section: The R43 is a narrow road; keep well left of the centre line at all times. Both routes then turn left towards Goudini before participants pedal through Rawsonville (caution: potholes in the main road).

Once through Rawsonville, cyclists will pedal past the turn-off to Louwshoek (where the previous venue was), and continue towards Worcester past the Nekkies Resort. Turn right onto the R43 towards Villiersdorp and left towards Nuy/Robertson. The routes split at the R60 Robertson Road T-junction.

The 98 km riders will turn right onto the R60 towards Robertson before turning left towards Nuy. This loop includes 1,8 km of well-prepared gravel road before returning to the R60 and Worcester. The new finish is in a side road on the Robertson side of Kleinplasie – watch out for the marshals signalling a right turn into Perkins St about 800m before the finish.

The 69 km riders will turn left towards Worcester when they reach the R60. The finish is as above.

DIRECTIONS TO VENUE

From Cape Town, take the N1 towards Worcester. Travel past the first turn-off to Worcester and turn right at the third traffic light (Roux St) towards Robertson and the R60. At the intersection with Hoog Street (the Main Road), turn left and right again at the next traffic lights toward Robertson. Kleinplasie will be on your left. Follow the signs to the parking area. GPS co-ordinates: S 33° ’38 33”; E 19° ’28 04”

NOTES

New, bigger venue. The route is still pretty similar to the 2010 route, with the two loops of the ‘figure of 8’ just being turned around. All riders under 10 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Easy Entry Tickets accepted. League riders will start first, with the tandems following at 07h45, and the seeded groups from 07h50. League riders will also start first in the shorter route, followed by the tandems at 08h50 and then the rest of the seeded groups.

Remember to bring and wear your new blue PPA road funride number.

Road club ride Sat , 70 odd .

Suikerbosrand Sunday ( this place is the business for power training )