I note with interest an e-mail........

widget

Widget, The forms are posted to Cycling SA but if you put one or two in its the same cost. As far as extra admin, think your club is trying to make an extra buck for nothing all they need to do is sign the forms and send them.If you take out a cyclo or full licence you should not be charged anything but if you take out the recreational card your club must issue you with a card, perhaps thats the cost, who knows

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, i dont think the recreational card thing will be used by Gaunteng clubs, certainly mine has made no mention of it. 

On the cost side we have been informed that our club fees are to be  sharply increased (double in some cases), reportedly due to affiliation to CGC increasing their affiliation fees for clubs. This in my view will not attract new club membership as it will be far cheaper and less hassle to directly join with CGC (Cyclosport) and ride where, when and in whichever kit you want. Plenty of informal groups to take the place of club organized ones.

And I so lloked forward to flash my license around at every race . Now they can stick their license and their events up where it will be very uncomfortable .

Mark' date=' i dont think the recreational card thing will be used by Gaunteng clubs, certainly mine has made no mention of it. 

On the cost side we have been informed that our club fees are to be  sharply increased (double in some cases), reportedly due to affiliation to CGC increasing their affiliation fees for clubs. This in my view will not attract new club membership as it will be far cheaper and less hassle to directly join with CGC (Cyclosport) and ride where, when and in whichever kit you want. Plenty of informal groups to take the place of club organized ones.
[/quote']

scotty, can one join the CGC without being a member of a club though?

Mark' date=' i dont think the recreational card thing will be used by Gaunteng clubs, certainly mine has made no mention of it. 

[/quote']

Yes as far as all the communication goes.

[/quote']

Yes as far as all the communication goes.

OK, so this will be done through the all new online licensing thing.

Thanks guys, now my licensing problems are sorted.  I just want a cyclosport lic, without having to join a club!!!

The KZN affiliation fee has gone up from R 1000 - R 3000 this year.As far as online licences, Cycling SA will ahv to confirm you are a paid up member of a club before they will issue the licence.

Guys CGC fees will not be increased for 2008. Fees remain R75-00 per person or lower depending your household or development status.Gail will confirm this 011 707-2734 Clubs charging more are ripping you off.

Guys CGC fees will not be increased for 2008. Fees remain R75-00 per person or lower depending your household or development status.Gail will confirm this <?:NAMESPACE PREFIX = SKYPE />              011 707-2734        Clubs charging more are ripping you off

Does CGC charge per rider and not a flat fee?

Ian i think its R150 for direct membership, while clubs pay R75 per member. scotty2007-12-05 05:16:17

Does this apply to SA-Mtb as well?

The CSA site is hardly a well of information on this. Thumbs%20Down

Maybe I can still try and use my old SAMBA licence Big%20smile

The club I belong to has done the "admin fee" bit as well, not so steep (R25.00 per member) and (R25.00 for late hand ins) as well.

As I am officially now a "late hand in member" it seems I may as well go the on-line route.

I actually still dont know too much about this license situation and I have had no correspondence from my club either except to say, my fees are due and they have gone up by 25%.