Which bike?

TriFun

Hi Hubbers

Im pretty neutral at the moment and no particular favorite bike at the moment. (I have a Argon 18 tribike and so my favor does lie there! But its just slightly more than the trek on the deals im looking at.)

In the 3 bikes the Trek has the one up componetry! and cheapest by R2k. Argon is a brand new frame!! And components!! Thanks to awesome deal from cycle matrix!

If you had to choose and the little more money wasnt a prob. Which bike/frame would you go for?

Dude - a bit more info, please!

Which trek? Which other 2 bikes? Is the Argon one of the other 2 bikes? What is the 3rd bike?

We need more to go on before we can start recommending one over the other...

I would go for the fastest one. See if you can pull any tunnel stats from American magazines or websites.

Also look at the components they are fitting and frame sections. A TT bike need to be aero (obviously) so deciding on a TT is a whole different ballgame than that of a road bike.

Can you upload pics as well as a full breakdown of parts? Would be happy to advise from an aerodynamic point of view. That is part of my line of business.

Be patient. Step out of the bike shop for a while for some fresh air.

The small of all that rubber also makes me bike crazy.

Watch out for an good deal on the hub for a great bike. They appear often.

Then "dibs" it.

1) All a year old Trek 5.2 Mandone 5.2 Groupset - SRAM Force with Red Crank. Bonterage xxlite components and wheels. R18000

2) Brand new Argon Gallium Frame - Everything Brand New Sram Rival compents, Eastern stem Carbon handlebar (Only missing wheels) R20 000

3)Done 50km Bianchi 928 T-cube - Campag Anthena (Which i will swap for sram or a 10 speed campag) Eastern EA90 wheels - R17000

4) Or i can go for a Giant TCR advanced SRAM Force from my local shop. Doing a clearance sale and special price of R18000

(I added a extra option)

If it were just the frame, I would go for the Argon. Beautiful bike, and more of a boutique item than the Bianchi.

2nd choice would be the Bianchi in terms of frame. Also a beautiful machine, and by all accounts rides like a dream

Unfortunately, both of those bikes need more money to be spent on them, the Argon with the wheels and the Bianchi on the gruppo. Also, the Argon is a level below the Giant & Trek ito gruppo, so that might be something you want to consider as well.

In terms of how they would perform in a tunnel - I have no idea. The Break did say that he would help with that though...

If it were me though, I'd go for the Argon. Not having ridden Rival or Force myself, I can only offer experience off the interwebs, where the common consensus is that the only tangible difference is Force's carbon crank and use of titanium bits n pieces. The extra price hasn't been justified properly, and the weight saving is minimal in going up to Force. Also, a lot of posters have listed a necessity to go back to the Rival FD, due to stiffness issues under heavy shifting.

Another good thing about the Argon - as you say, it's a brand new frame. That means no previous abuse and/or problems. The warranty will be 100% yours. Not a thing to sniff at, I must say.

Also - lack of wheels means that you can choose the exact ones you want. As you said the extra money isn't a problem, the extra 4 to 5 k for a good wheelset on the Argon will get you a pretty damn near unique bike, and one that you yourself seem to be gravitating towards.

And I've just convinced myself on the Argon...

1) All a year old Trek 5.2 Mandone 5.2 Groupset - SRAM Force with Red Crank. Bonterage xxlite components and wheels. R18000

2) Brand new Argon Gallium Frame - Everything Brand New Sram Rival compents, Eastern stem Carbon handlebar (Only missing wheels) R20 000

3)Done 50km Bianchi 928 T-cube - Campag Anthena (Which i will swap for sram or a 10 speed campag) Eastern EA90 wheels - R17000

4) Or i can go for a Giant TCR advanced SRAM Force from my local shop. Doing a clearance sale and special price of R18000

(I added a extra option)

Giant TCR Advanced for sure! What a bike! When I was choosing between that and my Cervelo a while back I spoke to a few of the local pros. Giant was big on their list.