Bike Computers and Apple Mac

Audible Anarchy

Im looking at a new Bike Computer along the lines of a Garmin Edge 500, Polar Cs500 , Bryton etc... anybody using an apple Mac with these? Which is best suited to use with a mac?

I'm using a Garmin 500, no problem on Mac, either with Garmin's software or with Golden Cheetah, which I use instead of the Garmin software.

Does anyone know of some free software that I can use on my apple mac to upload my Sports Traker files onto? (from my nokia)

Im looking at a new Bike Computer along the lines of a Garmin Edge 500, Polar Cs500 , Bryton etc... anybody using an apple Mac with these? Which is best suited to use with a mac?

I use a mac and also hate firing up VM Ware / Parallels / never bothered with bootcamp. Don't even think about relying on Polar mac support. It is an absolute joke. For details on the mess visit the Polar forums http://forum.polar.fi/forumdisplay.php?f=81

I've heard a lot of issues re the polars and mac. Apparently the Cs500 is compatible- but only with the online software as the polar software doesn't run on mac.

Looks like the edge 500 is the answer. now just to find a cheap one! how reliable is the HRM on the garmin? can it show you your BPM as a % of max?

Apparently the Cs500 is compatible- but only with the online software as the polar software doesn't run on mac.

Yes, and the websync software doesn't work properly 90% of the time.

Looks like the edge 500 is the answer.

yes again.