Silverstar MTB 2011

SeanScalpel

Hi all,

Who rode the Silverstar MTB race this past (10 Sept) weekend?

What did you guys think? How was it compared to last year?

I did the 40km (which was more like 35km) and really enjoyed it! Was a fairly tough race having done +-700m ascent in 35km. The views was awesome though! Especially that single track next to that cliff :)

Results:

Silverstar MTB

I rode the Silverstar on Saturday! LOVED IT!!! Always an awesome route! That singletrack along the cliff is amazing!

It was pretty much the same route as last year, just less through the Botanical Gardens...

Rode the 20km on my rigid ss. Was a fantastic route. Will definitely try the 40km next year.

Does anybody have any idea where we can find the pictures taken?

+1 on the pics question.

Enjoyed the race, its a different type of route than most races, uphill and technical in the first part, truly a tough route (but superfun) and the last 20km is much easier allowing you to get into a bit of a rythm and pace it to the end.

Was awesome.

Did the 40km and had great fun. It was a tough but rideble race.

Only 1 gripe from my side. When reaching the watertable at the bridge for the second time for the second time, I heard the guys at the watertable telling the riders that they can choose whether they want to go under the bridge to do the 5km loop or just skip it and do the last 12km of the race. :thumbdown:

I am a back of the pack rider and not in the price money, but I do like my position on the results to be an accurate reflection of where I finished. I hope the people that took the shortcut was honest enought to declare themselves non-finishers.

There was a guy that fell at one rocky section and needed assistance from the paramedics. At the time he thought he might have fractured his ribs. Anyone know him and whether he is doing well?