Skewer mounts for bike rack

Cav'

Hi all

Can anyone please tell me where i can by those mountable skewers (and price +-) which i can mount to the back of my bakkie ( see pictures )

Thanks in advance

post-26427-0-41716400-1315837555.jpg

post-26427-0-43854900-1315837572.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my HoldFast ones at Cajees Alberton (formerly Camaro Crossing). They're pretty pricey for what you are getting, about R300 each (including the V-thingy for the rear wheel).

If you have some rudimentary welding skills, I'm sure you could make some.

Besides the skewers they have other wheel/frame attachements that will work for that application in the back of the bakkie

Found these will searching for one made out of a board which I think is a brilliant and very cheap method. As soon as I find it I will post it.

Otherwise, use a block of wood to attach to the rail. Drill a hole thru' the wood and insert a skewer, will cost you way less. The pic below is similar to the one I saw. The wood was a sheet, that was put against the tailgate.

Found these will searching for one made out of a board which I think is a brilliant and very cheap method. As soon as I find it I will post it.

Ni :thumbup: ce