Karkloof - Keeping The Trail Alive (Episode 1)

rob7x

Hopefully I will get to ride there this Saturday before Hill 2 Hill. Absolutely love riding there. Hylton has done an incredible job on the trails!

and the farm owners (and Sappi) in the area also need to be congratulated for what they do for the sport. Rode through a farm the other day and the farmer had a long chat with us and offered us a refill etc. :thumbup:

Well done Hylton-if it gets people wanting to ride more then you've nailed it! Just a heads up that Graham van der Ruit has been building a new trail in Howick that will eventually link up Howick and Karkloof-how cool is that!?

and the farm owners (and Sappi) in the area also need to be congratulated for what they do for the sport. Rode through a farm the other day and the farmer had a long chat with us and offered us a refill etc. :thumbup:

Yeah, the farmers are great! I had a long chat to a guy and his kids down at the Polo Club while Sean and danger dassie rode the trails - I was hanging after the WC afterparty and was in no condition to ride - helluva nice guy.

Yeah, the farmers are great! I had a long chat to a guy and his kids down at the Polo Club while Sean and danger dassie rode the trails - I was hanging after the WC afterparty and was in no condition to ride - helluva nice guy.

more than likely Rene Stubbs? - thats who i was talking about

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HSp4JKDhJns/TGWhqnt6ZdI/AAAAAAAAAHs/EAVMTavz17w/s640/prof.JPG

Edited by Stretch

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a google earth map of karkloof. i rode there a few weeks back but the trailers were not marked well at all. got lost :( there were yellow board marked "demo" that took me on a short circuit and to polo fields... then there were SMALL little arrows cut from that yellow reflector tape here and there but nothing more..... but the trailers i rode were unbelievable!!!! at the river i spent a while just chilling! water was high and crossing was fun! :)

A Map... ANY map........ ???????? i can Google earth it fine but need a marked Map.....

• 5 months later...

Does the Mr Price Karkloof classic use these same trails? If so, I can't wait to go ride there!!!

yes some of them, but to get the full experience you need to ride them without all the traffic of the race. The trails are all well marked with maps