Meant Four passes from Stellenbosch

Chain-L

What is the three passes route that starts in Stellenbosch?

Does anyone have the garmin files or some info? Climb, directions and distance?

Edited by Chain-L

Nope, we only do 4 passes. Which one do you want to skip?

I have, route profile, map and gpx file but can not upload anything for some reason :cursing:

It is the 4 passes. Stellenbosch->Sir Lowrys Pass->left at Grabouw->Viljoens Pass->Franschoek Pass->Hellhoogte. +-120km.

have finally found it on Garminconnect. The default search function only looks at rides posted in the last 30 days. If you use the filter, it finds quite a few 4 passes!

Thanks Tank!

Edited by Chain-L

As often as the wind allows :D which is not too often in the Sir Lowries pass region.

Have done it on my own a couple of times, mainly because the guys chickened out but once I got the date wrong and pitched up for the ride a month too early :blush: still did the ride though.... its an awesome ride!

Great for DC training. Oh and there is a spot in Franshoek that sells muffins with biltong & cream cheese! :w00t:

Best to do it in an anti-clockwise direction, you dont want to be coming down Sir Lowries pass in afternoon traffic. The shoulder on that side is almost no-existent anyway.

Fandacious organized a "Hub 4 passes" some time ago ... we can do it again there is interest!

• 1 year later...

I thought it was better to resurrect an old thread, rather than start a new one...

Has anyone done the route recently?

Are all the roads open?

Our DC team are planning to ride it this weekend and don't want any nasty surprises.

Edit: I see that the left hand lane is closed for rock fall repairs. Does anyone know how long this section of lane closure is and if the pass still ridable?

Edited by splat

We did the route this morning, wind was killer before Sir Lowerys!

There is still a shoulder on the climb up sir lowerys even with road works, and the part that is blocked off we easily cycled through no problems.

There was the normal one or two pot holes here and there but nothing worse than any where else.

Traffic was also rather light, left Stell at 05:45 done by 11:00, took breaks now and then.

We did the route this morning, wind was killer before Sir Lowerys!

There is still a shoulder on the climb up sir lowerys even with road works, and the part that is blocked off we easily cycled through no problems.

There was the normal one or two pot holes here and there but nothing worse than any where else.

Traffic was also rather light, left Stell at 05:45 done by 11:00, took breaks now and then.

We rode this morning and had no problems either.

Its a great route.