Road to Worlds for SA ladies

Flemish Lion

Strange that no news about this has been posted yet.

Ashleigh got 2nd and polka dot at the Tour d'Ardeche (UCI 2.2)!!

See http://www.ashleighcycling.com/

Before Worlds on 24 September they (Ash, Jo, Cherise and Robyn) will compete in the Giro di Toscana (UCI 2.1) starting today.

See http://www.podiumcafe.com/2011/9/13/2422318/giro-di-toscana-2011-preview for a preview!

Edited by Flemish Lion

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange that no news about this has been posted yet.

Dude, I follow it. But apart from me and you, no-one here seems interested in women's races. Sorry. I gave up posting results a long time ago.

Tell the missus well done for even being there. And even better to get on the results page!

Edited by TNT1

Dude, I follow it. But apart from me and you, no-one here seems interested in women's races. Sorry. I gave up posting results a long time ago.

Tell the missus well done for even being there. And even better to get on the results page!

Thanks for the support!

That's also the reason I don't post results that much, but Slowbee gives me hope :thumbup:

If only they knew what it takes to get a top 10 in a UCI 2.1 race!

I just hope they won't be too tired for Worlds on the 24th.

Ashleigh is having a breakthrough year as a GC rider.

oh yes, is that a prince ? the bike, that very nice looking first one !

As an edit, why no cycling compuuter or power monitoring thingy on the bike ? Or can we just not see it ?

As an edit, why no cycling compuuter or power monitoring thingy on the bike ? Or can we just not see it ?

Pro's only use power meter/computer for statistical analysis after the fact. They don't look at them during the race much. If the coach had no requirement for data during this event, why lug the additional weight?

Pro's only use power meter/computer for statistical analysis after the fact. They don't look at them during the race much. If the coach had no requirement for data during this event, why lug the additional weight?

Correct, they use the PT wheel and monitor (extra 500 grams) on flat stages, but when its hilly they ditch em :) and opt for the super light climbing wheels. Those Dogmas aren't light and their rivals race on 6kg bikes!!

Oh - I forgot to mention that yesterdays stage was 138km and it was 36 degrees!!

@ 10am they start the next 70km stage and later in the day they have a short TT.