Giant Cyclotron Magnetic Indoor Trainer

JeffD

Hi all,

Any opinions on the above mentioned trainer or any other recommendations? Not looking to break the bank to buy the best. This trainer costs R1500 at Sportsmans so if there is something better for cheaper please let me know.

Thanks,

I have one and it works well. Check classifieds section first, they sell for about R1000 second hand and there isn't much that can go wrong with them.

I got for Christmas. Been using it in the week. No hassles. And you can use a normal "slick" mtb tire as trainer wheel

• 7 years later...

Will a standard MTB tyre work with this? (26X2.0)

It will fit and work but like Fanie said, it will be noisy and I don't think you will be able to tighten the resistance roller thing as tight as it should be against the tyre so it may slip. A slick is recommended.

Also recently got this. Works fine. It will fit a mtb tyre (specially a 26") but haven't tried it.

Am using a mtb slick. What I have noticed though, is that I am pretty much maxed out on resistance: the gear lever is permanently set on highest gear. The rear block is where you could tighten the screw to get a bit more resistance, but I don't want to overtighten this.

For now I use my last bike gear for hardest work/standing repeats.

So overall, good, decent and reliable trainer that does the trick without all the fancy add-ons. You get what you pay for. It's also an easy pack and go...if you do events and want to warm up with it.

Edited by mrcg

• 3 weeks later...