CRC Order

Swift01

So last week Monday I ordered some shorts from a Locally known cycling website (not CWC they rock). Tuesday I get an email to say it has been processed and I will have a tracking number in 2 days. On the Wed. evening I ordered a whole lot of parts from CRC (I could have gotten my cassette's and chains etc locally at the same price but they didn't have the FSA K-Force Nano Light handle bar on 50% discount that my bike was begging for :D ). All was going according to plan. The CRC order was processed on the Thurs and by Friday morning had already left for SA. Meanwhile back in africa, I was still waiting for my tracking number for the shorts. After sending an email, I find out the suppliers don't have stock (mmmmm site said they have) and I will get the tracking number on Monday. I replied the race was on which will arrive first, the CRC ordered afterwards or the local order. (with a :D face for fun)

Yesterday afternoon in what is a new record for me (6 days) my CRC ordered was sitting on my kitchen top waiting for me to open. (unfortunately the GF has taken the new handlebars and only giving them to me next month on my birthday :( ).

Anyway I still didn't have a tracking number for the shorts. I emailed again. Seems they say the pick truck (not a spelling error that's what they wrote) broke down but they did collect the parcel. They will provide me with a tracking number on wed even if they have to drive to CT themselves to get it. Mmmmmm I wonder if I will get them by the weekend.........

Big up the CRC on yet again another super swift service. PS. I see customs now charge R30 for a handling fee. Up from R25. Inflation hits everything :-(

I replied the race was on which will arrive first, the CRC ordered afterwards or the local order.

Was is a Buycycle race?

I need the damn shorts, my best pair of shorts are starting to get a little thin (not on the padding but the lycra). The world does not need to see my shorts suddenly split open while I am flying along the tracks....... I would like to spare my fellow riders the pain :lol:

On a serious note lucky I have other shorts and time. I really need the pair before 3 towers, so as an excercise I am willing to see how long it takes. I was considering sending a photo of the crc order this morning to let them know they lost the race, and how much stuff they lost out on.........

It's got to a point where I call the local online stores first anyway, to ensure the item is in stock, before I order. Kind of defeats the point then doesn't it?

I have to say CWC I have always had great service from them. They replies to emails very fast and when i have bought from them they have always been swift. CRC so far I think the longest I have waited is 2 weeks. But to be fair 1 week of that was actually SA and the customs.

And to think I almost bought tires from the same online shop. Lucky my LBS had the same price (so in the end cheaper as there is no shipping cost) :clap:

Guys,I want to order from CRC what will the Tax and extra cost be .I see some of there prices is very good ,I'm just scared of all the SARS costs

Guys,I want to order from CRC what will the Tax and extra cost be .I see some of there prices is very good ,I'm just scared of all the SARS costs

Just stay away from shoes, clothing and helmets and you'll be fine.

On the latest order I did the calcs and the customs was 16.73% so play safe say 17% and you know it will be a little less. Supposed to be VAT which is 14% plus the now R30 handling/clearance fee but somehow it always works out a bit more.

yeah stay away from clothing, shoes etc. that has an import duty

I have to say CWC I have always had great service from them. They replies to emails very fast and when i have bought from them they have always been swift. CRC so far I think the longest I have waited is 2 weeks. But to be fair 1 week of that was actually SA and the customs.

And to think I almost bought tires from the same online shop. Lucky my LBS had the same price (so in the end cheaper as there is no shipping cost) :clap:

Ja CWC marks their stock holding on their site, so you can't buy something they can't send the same day.

I fear with the new CWC/CRC agreement, Buycycle will have to up their game. Its not about never making a mistake, its about how you fix them.

Edited by rouxtjie

On the latest order I did the calcs and the customs was 16.73% so play safe say 17% and you know it will be a little less. Supposed to be VAT which is 14% plus the now R30 handling/clearance fee but somehow it always works out a bit more.

yeah stay away from clothing, shoes etc. that has an import duty

There is a whole thread dedicated to how they calculate it, including clothes helmets etc. Its even "sticky"ed for your convenience. thumbup1.gif

It's VAT on value + 10%, which works out to 15.4%. They then use a different exchange rate for their calculation (2-3% higher than CRCs), the end result of 17% is about right.

Just some feed back on the shorts situation. The courier service arrived at my work yesterday afternoon with my new shorts. +1 for the courier service. -10000000 for the local on line shop. The reason, well 10 min after I received the shorts I get an email saying we have your tracking number. :thumbdown: Wow they definately keep track of their stuff. I did email them back to say I already had the shorts, tracking number is not required anymore :lol:

Thanx to CWC for taking interest, and for that I have just made a friend buy his first order from CWC cycles for a new cassette and chain, to go with his 2nd hand wheels from routjie :clap:Looks like it's going to be an excellent day