Endura Singletrack Shorts

The shorts get great reviews but I would like to hear from someone who have used them in hot South African conditions if they are any good.

Also does anyone know who stocks Endura in the Helderberg Area or closest to it?

I do along with several other Endura products. They are top notch. Stitching lasts forever and they were the first company to nail breathable wind / water resistant gear.

Fit is good and it's bright 80's colors on everything.

Great shorts. They do get a little hot but are tough. Have bailed a few times and not a stich pulled.

I have taken the lycra out and use bibs instead, as the little clip fasteners keep detaching from the lycra while riding.

check out Gumbo

Edited by Chubba

They do get a little hot but are tough.

Uncomfortable hot or bearable hot?

Uncomfortable hot or bearable hot?

I wouldn’t do a race in them on a hot Cape Town summer day. (Would stick to lycra.)

But for everything else, they are lekka.

I've been riding with these Troy Lee xc pants for about 2 years and luv them to bits. Tough as nails and not too hot. Nice venting.

post-21619-0-02126900-1315992096.jpg

I wouldn’t do a race in them on a hot Cape Town summer day. (Would stick to lycra.)

But for everything else, they are lekka.

Shot Boet! All I needed to know.

No sorry...fit? I see there fit is on the small size. Do I need to go a size up? I am 36-38. XL?

Shot Boet! All I needed to know.

No sorry...fit? I see there fit is on the small size. Do I need to go a size up? I am 36-38. XL?

Must just check on that when I get home, i'm a 34-36 and I am sure I took an XL.

I've been riding with these Troy Lee xc pants for about 2 years and luv them to bits. Tough as nails and not too hot. Nice venting.

Where did you pick those up from?

Gumbo does not stock the Singletracks - I asked and apparently the importer (whoever they are) don't bring them in. They're on special on CRC 36 (notso)Great Britihsh Pounds right now though

Banna are those TLDs adjustable on leg width, i.e. velcro straps (or similar) to tighten them around your upper legs if you wish?

Having used Ndola and Fox shorts that I bought locally, which are both quite floppy, I'm very wary of them catching my seatpost quick release at the most inopportune moment and well... quick releasing it! Happened to a mate of mine the other day - sadly I did not witness the event - it must have been hilarious. I just don't want to risk the same thing.

Also, where can you get them locally? They're quite pricey on CRC at 65GBP

Where did you pick those up from?

Got them from JP at Recycles. Not sure if he still has stock left, but I think you can get them on CRC as well.

Banna are those TLDs adjustable on leg width, i.e. velcro straps (or similar) to tighten them around your upper legs if you wish?

Having used Ndola and Fox shorts that I bought locally, which are both quite floppy, I'm very wary of them catching my seatpost quick release at the most inopportune moment and well... quick releasing it! Happened to a mate of mine the other day - sadly I did not witness the event - it must have been hilarious. I just don't want to risk the same thing.

Also, where can you get them locally? They're quite pricey on CRC at 65GBP

Nope, not adjustable for leg width. But the material is a lot tougher and thicker though than the normal Fox/Ndola stuff. It almost feels like motocross pants, but a lot lighter. Definately won't flop around when riding.

Got them in Bellville at Recycles.