Hill 2 Hill

massiveboy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an entry to sell if anyone wants - Due to Bronchitis I won't be able to ride. I've spoken to Tim Whitfield (race organiser) that there will be no extra charge for changing details over.

Its either that or I have to just get my goodie bag & t-shirt, and the race entry goes to waste.

The trick with H2H is to start as fast as you can.... and gain as much time on your mates as you can.... cause when you blow (not IF you blow), you have to be so far ahead of them that you can walk the last 20km and beat them...

Make sense?? :P

Anyone know what time the uplift is leaving from Hillcrest in the morning?

I can give one person a lift if they are keen? I'll be leaving from Westville.

I am doing my 3rd - the first being the very wet one 4 years ago, that one took me about 9 hours -- happy to say things have changed since then.

Advice: pace pace pace yourself and eat stuff you can stomach easy, its going to be hot so the cooler the liquid you drink the better.

I can also tell you that if it rains hard between now and then I am staying in bed !!!!

The wife and i will be doing the half marathon..............Will be our 4th.

Tough ride but well worth it..

Good luck to all riders in both distances, have fun.

Some tips...

1. it's 105km so unless you're going for a top ten finish, chill out! Enjoy the first cuple of k's headed downhill and be careful, lots of places to wipe out and hurt yourself.

2. Once you out the single track and onto the roads, find a nice bunch and settle into an easy pace for the first 50k's or so.

3. If you're feeling good, up the pace for the last 50.

4. It's going to be hot out there, drink as much as you can, and then drink some more.

5. Don't forget to eat, you're looking at 6 hours plus in the saddle (my first time was 9 hours) unless of course you're a demon and and do it in 4 hours or something equally ridiculous.

6. Enjoy. The route takes you through some awesome trails you don't normally get to ride, take some time to look around and have fun.

7. Don't forget supplies; pump, bombs, spare tubes (if you using), multi-tool, cellphone, rehydrate... it's a long day out there.

8. Dress in layers. First time I was freezing in the early morning, especially when stepping out the bus. By lunch time I was so hot I would've ridden naked if the rules allowed :)

Can't think of anything else, just enjoy.

I am doing my 3rd - the first being the very wet one 4 years ago, that one took me about 9 hours -- happy to say things have changed since then.

Advice: pace pace pace yourself and eat stuff you can stomach easy, its going to be hot so the cooler the liquid you drink the better.

I can also tell you that if it rains hard between now and then I am staying in bed !!!!

Well I'm hoping that we've had our rain quota for the week and that things start drying up!

Doing my 3rd, looking forward to it. Had bad lick the last 2 years so hopefully this year I have a good ride.

With you on that one!

weather permitting I'll be there for my second. It's a tough day...keep something in the tank for the last 30km!!!

Well I'm hoping that we've had our rain quota for the week and that things start drying up!

so they say we have but --- you never know