Event Name: Genadendal MTB Mission & Trail Run
When: 19 November 2011
Where: Genadendal Church Square, near Greyton, Western Cape
Category: MTB

The Genadendal MTB Mission and Trail Run

19 November 2011

Venue: Genadendal Church Square, 5kms before Greyton

Time: 1st event starts 8.30am

Distances: MTB 48km Challenge & 28km Experience & 11 km Fun ride Trail Run 10km & 21km

Online Entries: www.dryland.co.za

Come and experience Genadendal’s history, hospitality and awesome trails at the 2nd MTB Mission.Come for the day or enjoy the weekend away – only 1 ½ hours from Cape Town.

Our focus is on exciting routes, well stocked waterpoints and a great vibe. Bring your friends along for support! Stroll through the village square, enjoy local fare and watch the world famous Genadendal Brass Band in action. Contact Greyton Tourism for accommodation – there’s plenty to see.

The Routes

48km MTB – Start 8.30 am

If you’re a true mountainbiker this route is for you! Roadies will have little peleton opportunities and there is a lot of single track and jeep track and very little open road. With over 1100 of climbing this is more of a challenge than your usual 50km ride. If you’re just getting in to the game have a look at the 28km route rather.

28km MTB – Start 8.45am

With less than 400m of climbing this route will suit fit riders wanting to blitz to the finish in time to have a shower before lunch, or riders getting used to doing “longer” distances. There is a good share of single track and jeep track for a fun ride but nothing too technical and also not too many hills.

The Runs – Start 9.00am

The run route is almost completely different to the MTB and mostly on cowpaths high in the mountains. If your lungs don’t pop you’ll be rewarded by a challenging run and beautiful views over the Riviersonderend valley. You’ll also discover new routes to run next time you come to Greyton. There will only be one waterpoint per 10km so bring your own.

Accommodation

Zebra Moon Travellers Lodge supplies good clean accommodation at the best prices in Greyton www.zebramoon.co.za

If you want to stay right at the Start venue in the beautiful church square get hold of Bonnita at the Hester Dorothea Hostel or guest house 028 251 8346.

Great tented accommodation is available at Oewerzicht Tented Camp 028 254 9831

For accommodation in Greyton call Roslyn on 028 254 9414 or www.greytontourism.com

Race Information

Contact Andrew 082 835 2668, andrewwhite@mweb.co.za or www.greytonmtb.com

Go to Event Page

• 1 month later...

Expectations are for some cloud cover, a light breeze and temperatures in the mid 20's - correction - high twenties. Bring sunblock and hydration.

Online entries close tonight. Book your spot beforehand, save 20 bucks and skip the queues.

Genadendal MTB Mission & Trail Run - go to www.dryland.co.za for online entries and www.greytonmtb.com for info

cheers

Andrew