Lance Armstrong is back!

gadget

Lance armstrong confirms he will be doing his first triathlon in 20 years. An xterra in the States. Should draw a bit of interest...

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see his chemist just "purchased" boght a new Porche - wonder if there is a connection there somewhere

:clap: corrected :clap:

Edited by madmarc

I see his chemist just boght a new Porche - wonder if there is a connection there somewhere

Dude, to spell that word wrong is sacrilege :thumbdown:

Didnt he do tri before he concentrated on cycling? He will come and kick some ass!, or maybe just enjoy being an natural!

Woohoo, I can see the Aunty Laanser suurtiete hitting this one red hot!

I see on Twitter the Caveman is licking his lips already!

Now that could be an interesting rivalry... Arguably the strongest xTerra competitor against a proven athlete. Both possessing never-say-die attitudes and oodles of talent & experience.

Bring it on...

Didnt he do tri before he concentrated on cycling? He will come and kick some ass!, or maybe just enjoy being an natural!

Woohoo, I can see the Aunty Laanser suurtiete hitting this one red hot!

And after with the Olsen twins.

Now that could be an interesting rivalry... Arguably the strongest xTerra competitor against a proven athlete. Both possessing never-say-die attitudes and oodles of talent & experience.

Bring it on...

My money is on the caveman - have you ridden a mtb with him? He only knows one speed uphill or down - WFO!

My money is on the caveman - have you ridden a mtb with him? He only knows one speed uphill or down - WFO!

I don't think lance will even podium. (that's top5)

he can't have much swimming base, so he'll be 2-3 mins back there, and in the traffic.

the ride on xterra is always brutal, his bike riding skills are not suited to a 25km uber technical course.

and then the run-he's a 3hr marathoner, thats below average for this crowd.

of course it will be the most watched Xterra in history, and maui will be an afterthought.

Unfortunately not, I haven't had the pleasure. But I've met Mr. Boonstra and he reckons that the Caveman is just unbelievable in terms of his sheer physical strength on the bike.

Also, I'm afraid that he would just ride away from me. He'd put 2km on me before I'd even done 1.

he can't have much swimming base, so he'll be 2-3 mins back there, and in the traffic.

the ride on xterra is always brutal, his bike riding skills are not suited to a 25km uber technical course.

of course it will be the most watched Xterra in history, and maui will be an afterthought.

Is it possible for us here is SA to watch this? Is it broadcast on any channel live? Or could you watch it live on the internet.

Steve, I'm sure he has a lot more swimming, running and riding base than a lot of us realise. His residence doesn't exactly lack facilities, so I'm sure he's done a lot of secret training.

Podium on the first race? Maybe not. But then I don't think it'll be long before he's in contention for the top spots.