Bad Attitude on the Hub

tunariaan

We can not all be champions.

Just you hold on one darn minute there partner - i am a champ, my wife said so!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ MJ, well said.

Of course he did, as you and I can't stand the sight of one another :thumbup:

Oh and a pm. threat will be most welcome.

:huh:

I liked MJ's post: it is a well written and concise statement that hit home for me in the sense that it is perfectly reflective of my training limitations and aspirations.

:blink: Clearly you deduce disagreement by association. Sadly, not the case nor the intention. :blink:

You know, I have a box of medals in my closet. I believe most of you do too. Recently my neighbor's son saw that box. And ever since that day, in his eyes, I am da BOMB! I am a mtb'ing god! It makes no differnece to him if that medal in that box has half marathon, marathon, 1st place, 100th place on it.

Should we as adults not act the same way? Yes Burry Stander does not brag about his results. But I bet he won't shoot down the 30 year old who has won a 20km race in Putsonderwater!

Downplaying a fellow cyclists results are just as bad as boasting about your own! (Sorry Oom H, I was wrong!)

Edited by The real MJ

I won a dh race on my hardtail. Cos i was the only entrant in the hardtail category. It was a bit embarrasing to go up and get the medal. But my 3 year old daughter thinks its cool. This story is pointless, just like this thread. Everyone can do whatever they want and no one should put them down for that . But we do. . .

You know, I have a box of medals in my closet. I believe most of you do too. Recently my neighbor's son saw that box. And ever since that day, in his eyes, I am da BOMB! I am a mtb'ing god! It makes no differnece to him if that medal in that box has half marathon, marathon, 1st place, 100th place on it.

Should we as adults not act the same way? Yes Burry Stander does not brag about his results. But I bet he won't shoot down the 30 year old who has won a 20km race in Putsonderwater!

Downplaying a fellow cyclists results are just as bad as boasting about your own! (Sorry Oom H, I was wrong!)

Well is that not kinda what got this thread to so many pages, or did you not read every single post here ?

Let me make it a bit clearer.

In number order.

1.Hubbers get accused of having a bad attitude.

2.They then get accused of having fancy bikes but being underperforms. (Now notice that a bit of smack talk always gets followed by the following)

3.We see a fair amount of bragging about the OP's running and cycling achievements. (something I don't see others with top achievements do here)

4.He gets questioned about this.

5.He then proceeds to telling us how he wins shorter races.

6.This then becomes a point of much comedy and irritation as most Hubbers don't really respect trophy hunters (yes, that includes me and NUMEROUS others)

7.The older hubbers start fighting amongst themselves because they start taking things personal.

8.The thread title then eventually rings more true than the bell on my bike.

And for those of you who don't like my posts, REPORT is spelt like this: R-E-P-O-R-T :thumbup:

Well is that not kinda what got this thread to so many pages, or did you not read every single post here ?

Let me make it a bit clearer.

In number order.

1.Hubbers get accused of having a bad attitude.

2.They then get accused of having fancy bikes but being underperforms. (Now notice that a bit of smack talk always gets followed by the following)

3.We see a fair amount of bragging about the OP's running and cycling achievements. (something I don't see others with top achievements do here)

5.He then proceeds to telling us how he wins shorter races.

6.This then becomes a point of much comedy and irritation as most Hubbers don't really respect trophy hunters (yes, that includes me and NUMEROUS others)

7.The older hubbers start fighting amongst themselves because they start taking things personal.

8.The thread title then eventually rings more true than the bell on my bike.

And for those of you who don't like my posts, REPORT is spelt like this: R-E-P-O-R-T :thumbup:

Thanks for that :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now I didn't have to read the whole (rather... well, whatever.) thread :clap:

ha ha ha ha...

Ai, ai, Dangle...12 pages summed up perfectly in one paragraph!! Where is the fun in that??? :blink:

bottom line for me...a race is a race ...long or short...it WILL have a winner eventually! It's HOW you treat that win in the end that counts. Boasting, well the boaster probably gets what they deserve! First some self gratification, THEN some flaming from the Hub...win win situation in my eyes...

Anyone still remember that laaitie (Jacques from Stellenbosch? Worked as Mason's I think?) He used to only race ~30km races and boasted his ass off here on the Hub about how he has and is going to whip everyone's butt....wonder where he ended up? It was always amusing to read the rest's reaction to his bragging...

By who? The top achievers here on the hub? Hubbers with 10,000 posts maybe? The average couch potato?

You see boet, I have a theory. It goes like this:

It is human nature to want recognition.

That is why you did the singlespeed thing at Attekwas, no? You see, if you did it on a F/S, carbon 29'er, you would have been...average.

Here on the hub, hiding behind your keybord, you can be anything you want to be. You can question Tuna about his "results". He can question your attitude.

At the end of the day, all we want is for someone to acknowledge us. We just want recognition.

Hubbers, you are all special! :D (in a funny way...)

One time, at band camp, I stuck a pussy up my saddle bag.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet no one even noticed this in between all the seriousness going on Firewolf!

By who? The top achievers here on the hub? Hubbers with 10,000 posts maybe? The average couch potato?

You see boet, I have a theory. It goes like this:

It is human nature to want recognition.

That is why you did the singlespeed thing at Attekwas, no? You see, if you did it on a F/S, carbon 29'er, you would have been...average.

Here on the hub, hiding behind your keybord, you can be anything you want to be. You can question Tuna about his "results". He can question your attitude.

At the end of the day, all we want is for someone to acknowledge us. We just want recognition.

Hubbers, you are all special! :D (in a funny way...)

You are making a comedy of errors here.

Let's see, you make an assumption which becomes like all others a major f-up.

I was asked to do it, nothing more, nothing less, unless you really want to squeeze more out of it ?

If I did it on a Carbon geared bike I would have had a far better result, which would have gained me much more recognition.

If you have a personal beef with me, then make it clear instead of accusing me of trying to be who I am not behind my keyboard.

You seem like a little hothead windgat with a short fuse, don't leave now, you don't want to return on a blue Monday.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet no one even noticed this in between all the seriousness going on Firewolf!

Oh yes I did, I even heard it go meeeow.

You are making a comedy of errors here.

Let's see, you make an assumption which becomes like all others a major f-up.

I was asked to do it, nothing more, nothing less, unless you really want to squeeze more out of it ?

If I did it on a Carbon geared bike I would have had a far better result, which would have gained me much more recognition.

If you have a personal beef with me, then make it clear instead of accusing me of trying to be who I am not behind my keyboard.

You seem like a little hothead windgat with a short fuse, don't leave now, you don't want to return on a blue Monday.

Wel in daai geval is ek jammer. Ek appolgeer heftig oor my komedie van aannames.

Personal beef? Heck, how can it be personal if it is done here???

And your assumption about me is spot on! Well done!

However, I do have to go now. It is my turn to make dinner!

@dangle; wats jou punt met die korter races

is iemand wat n 40 doen nie goedgenoeg soos iemand wat n lang aftstand doen nie, kan dan net sowel se mountain bikers is swakker as padfietsryers of andersom

elke persoon het maar sy race of sy afstand en jy kan nie iemand afskiet oor sy persoonlike keuse nie, jy kan netsowel se iemand wat 5000m race is nie so goed soos iemand wat n half of n vol marathon doen nie

Ek weet nie hoekom ek myself aan jou versuidelik nie want jy het obviously net jou way en jou manier van dink

Ek werk 6 maande van die jaar in die buiteland; my familie kom eerste , dan ander sporte soos rock en surf visvang; jag, en 5000 en 10 000 en races , dis waarvoor ek eerder oefen en van daai fiksheid gebruik ek meestal om my races te doen, so ek sit nie heeldag en oefen net fietsry nie , inteendeel meeste van die fiksheid kom van ly hardloop en trailrunning af, fietsry kom laaste wat my oefining en onspqnning aanbetref en nie net dit nie ek hou van die korter afstande ; dis gewoonlik vinniger races met hoe heart rate

Dis seker my keuse om dit te beoefen en as ek daarvan hou

toe ek gese het ek is fairly kompeterend is daar oor tye gevra

Noudat julle tye ens het nou word dit heeltemal verdraai, is dit nie so nie?

oor jou trophy hunting komentaar, ek kompeteer teen my persoonlike beste tye en nooit teen ander nie , daar is altyd iemand vinniger of stadiger as jy , wil jy se n wen of n eerste plek is nie trophy hunting nie, wel seker nie in korter afstande nie maar as die groot meneere dit in die langer afstande wen is dit ok

Wat dit eintlik se is jy kyk neer op ander mense

DAngle PM my as jy nog issues het, ek is nie hier om heen en weer te mail soos n ou tannie met n nat pantie nie of andersins ek is terug so oor n maand in SA, jy is welkom om my te kontak, ek sal either by die hardloop, trail of bikeraces wees in ons omgewing

The hubbers should have done the one or other ride instead of posting in this usefless thread this much. This could also help against their underperfomrnance! :thumbup: