Bloemfontein OFM

ASmit

How to survive the Freestate OFM Classic race?????????? Not sure about you guys but to me the OFM race is terrible. It a flat, not easy race with no scenery. My first impression of the OFM was “EASY FLAT” Flat is not always easy. I cramped up like never before due to the constant pedalling to keep going. The OFM is the type of race where you have to keep your legs spinning to keep on going unlike the Argus or 94.7 where you have the uphill and downhill. The downhill is a short period where I can rest my legs for a few seconds. NOT IN THE OFM RACE. Any pointers on how to survive the OFM?

:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Just to make it interesting the hill that you found at 5km will be at 85 km this year, a bit of changes in the route this year more cycling within the city and suburbs.

Cycle-Babe

First of all, lots of fluids, cause Bloem is hot and dry that time of year.

Secondly, pray! Yes pray that the wind doesn't pick up

Cycle-babe, slip jy reg? Jou bene is nie veronderstel om moeg te word nie as jy reg slip. Ek ry die 94.7 en Argus altyd netnet onder 4 ure. Laasjaar het ek die OFM in 02h44 gery.

• 3 weeks later...

Not required Bru. There are only 5 cars in Bloem. 4 Will be at church and the other one isnt here that weekend. ;)

Do they have full road closure with this race?

Will be doing both the 'long' mtb & road again this year. I think the 'hills' now being closer to the end on the road race will surely test the legs a bit more...Hope the wind doesn't get going like its been doing the last couple of weeks.

• 4 months later...

anyone with a Garmin file for this race? I'm thinking of going up with my wife to get a better tandem seeding for next year's Argus.

Guest Frail4Life

Previous Years, there WAS Road Closure. Not Sure last Year/ this Year. What is WRONG With Pedalling? It is Your Style, on Long Open roads you Just need to Use the Correct Gear ratio and Push a Heavy gear. So Much easier than to Keep up or Even Catch groups ahead!

Guest Frail4Life

When is this race?

Week After Amashova, late in October.