Where can I get my light fixed?

I FLY

The connection on my battery pack needs to be repaired as the wires are now exposed and making contact.

It seems to be a sealed unit.

Does anyone know where I can take it to be fixed? I live in Honeydew and work in Jet Park

post-43-0-49080300-1316416894.jpg

A long time ago, I was looking for those sealed connectors. At the time, I found some at RS Components (you'd have to Google them).

A long time ago, I was looking for those sealed connectors. At the time, I found some at RS Components (you'd have to Google them).

+1 from me. Just don't get side-tracked on their website, they have even more goodies than CRC

Just be aware that they aren't the cheapest place around either. Loads of stock and really cool gadgets but not always that cheap!! Try an electronics shop in your area (Not consumer electronics as in DVD player etc, rather a component shop. We have A1 Radio and Ron Tomlin in Durban)

Good luck... I've eventually designed my own system, so if you don't find anything let me know.

Just be aware that they aren't the cheapest place around either. Loads of stock and really cool gadgets but not always that cheap!! Try an electronics shop in your area (Not consumer electronics as in DVD player etc, rather a component shop. We have A1 Radio and Ron Tomlin in Durban)

Yeah, RS aren't cheap. I usually browse their site to find a good description of what I want and then get it from somewhere else, like Mantech or Communica. At the time, they were the only folks who had what I needed, though.

Yeah, RS aren't cheap. I usually browse their site to find a good description of what I want and then get it from somewhere else, like Mantech or Communica. At the time, they were the only folks who had what I needed, though.

I do the same thing! They do that well. :thumbup:

@ I FLY Have you looked online for parts?

Edited by Grebel

@ I FLY Have you looked online for parts?

I contacted RS this morning and then sent them the photo of the connector. I will see if they reply.

Is it the Sigma system or are all of them the same? I will see if I've still got my leads. Lights and battery have been tossed a while ago. Maybe you can splice them together and seal the connection up again.

Is it the Sigma system or are all of them the same? I will see if I've still got my leads. Lights and battery have been tossed a while ago. Maybe you can splice them together and seal the connection up again.

Magicshine system.

I am not a technical person so I took mine to a hobby shop. They did all the cutting , soldering and sealing.Look for one that has a lot of remote control stuff, they are the teckno junkies .Try one near you . :clap: :clap: :clap:

I found the male and female combination at RS components

Stock No. Description Qty SalesUnitPrice perSales Unit

6563917 DC power adaptor straight skt lead,2.5mm 1 EA 18.29 (excl vat)

6563822 DC power adaptor straight plug lead,2.5mm 1 EA 14.08 (excl vat)

www.rsonline.co.za

They delivery for a small fee.