[Event] Malelane Toyota DH Challenge

Bike market

Event Name: Malelane Toyota DH Challenge
When: 29 October 2011 - 30 October 2011
Where: malelane, Mpumulanga
Category: Downhill & Freeride

With summer slowly arriving and all of the local and international DH series over it’s almost time for the first Malelane Toyota DH challenge at the end of October, online entries are now open and there is a limited amount of cheap accommodation available…

As time ticks by and the weather warms up i am personally looking forward to the first ever Malelane DH event that will be open to riders from across the country. The track is amazing and offers every imaginable obstacle you could wish for in a DH track and Dirk Lourens has assured me that the track is being manicured as we speak, not to mention the extension of the top section of the track which should add another minute or so to you run time. As previously mentioned the event will be filmed by D4productions who will produce a segment for Supercycling and will be flighted a week or two after the event, details will be posted as soon as they have been confirmed.

Rlues and regulations:

The event is a two day event with practice on Saturday 29 October from 9:00 – 15:00 and racing on Sunday morning 7:00 – 14:00 ( practice from 7:00 – 9:00 and race runs from 10:00 ). The race will consist of a best of two runs format to determine the winner.

There will NOT be any age categories as the race is a private DH challenge and all entrants will compete in an open ‘elite’ class.

Race entry is R300 and includes shuttles for both Saturday and Sunday.

To enter online CLICK HERE and please fill in all the fields and use your cell phone number as your reference.

There are 15 spaces available for accommodation of R50 p/p p/n at a self catering/backpacker style venue 20km away from the track and can be booked on a first come first serve basis by emailing me: francois@gravityallstars.co.za

For a sneak peak of the track (helmet cam footage) CLICK HERE.

Hope to see you all there.

Tags: Malelane, Malelane DH track, Malelane Toyota DH Challenge

Go to Event Page