RAVE: fi'zi:k

jannosmit

So I sold my bike last month, but kept my Gobi, you guys know why :thumbup: , but when I saw the bottom, it was cracked in half!!!! :( So I searched the web, and saw I could make a Claim on the fi'zi:k website, which i did Tuesday night(13 Sept). Wednesday they replied, asking for the production date printed under my saddle and my address. Friday I received a email from UPS, the shipping company, which stated my new saddle was shipped on Thursday already. Saturday morning it was in Cape Town, and today (Monday 19 Sept) I received my new Gobi in Stellenbosch!! :clap: In less than a week they sent me a replacement saddle, all the way from Italy, for free. :clap: Yet another reason to buy a fi'zi:k, and proves their world class service!!!!!

post-17760-0-59567100-1316448272.jpg

post-17760-0-79254700-1316448296.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you provide them with your proof of purchase?

Did you deal with the local guys or Italy?

No proof of purchase needed. However you do have to state the shop and date of purchase.

The dudes in Italy! :thumbup:

No proof of purchase needed. However you do have to state the shop and date of purchase.

The dudes in Italy! :thumbup:

Janmtb, can u tell me who you dealt with there? I had the same thing and the local distributors wanted proof of purchase which I didn't have

Janmtb, can u tell me who you dealt with there? I had the same thing and the local distributors wanted proof of purchase which I didn't have

Just typical SA bull. Irritates the hell out of me and I make a point of never buying that product again. If I had to keep proof of purchase of everything I ever bought I would need an archive the size of my lounge, I would need to pay a file manager to keep my documents safe when I moved house a few times or heaven forbid my dog got hold of them. Maybe I have a fire, do I now need to buy a fireproof safe so I can store my saddle proof of purchase safely.

SA distributors are here to sell and uphold the name of the product and attend to warranty issues, they are not here to make life difficult for consumers as so many of them are want to do. Its of no relevance to them if they replace the part, they just claim a replacement from the manufacturer, but they aim to make it difficult and hope you go away.

Unfortunately we accept this lax attitude to customer satisfaction and when we get what would be considered "normal" service in any other country (like you recieved) we are so over the moon we become firm brand marketers of the line, local agents can do the same, but most of them cant be bothered, its the old SA attitude, "it was difficult for us, lets make it difficult for you."

Great to hear manufacturers are bypassing local agents who dont stand up for their name and product.

So I sold my bike last month, but kept my Gobi, you guys know why :thumbup: , but when I saw the bottom, it was cracked in half!!!! :( So I searched the web, and saw I could make a Claim on the fi'zi:k website, which i did Tuesday night(13 Sept). Wednesday they replied, asking for the production date printed under my saddle and my address. Friday I received a email from UPS, the shipping company, which stated my new saddle was shipped on Thursday already. Saturday morning it was in Cape Town, and today (Monday 19 Sept) I received my new Gobi in Stellenbosch!! :clap: In less than a week they sent me a replacement saddle, all the way from Italy, for free. :clap: Yet another reason to buy a fi'zi:k, and proves their world class service!!!!!

Jeez Dude thanx for posting this I had my Fizik brake in the same place this wkd, I will give it a go.

Cheers

Any news?!

Sent them a mail via website two nights ago (around 9pm). They replied the next morning at 9am (apologising for the delayed reply!) and asking for a pic, batch no. and my physical address for my new saddle.

I'll let you know how it plays out from here, but even just this is 10 times better than my dealings with the local distributor.

Just typical SA bull. Irritates the hell out of me and I make a point of never buying that product again. If I had to keep proof of purchase of everything I ever bought I would need an archive the size of my lounge, I would need to pay a file manager to keep my documents safe when I moved house a few times or heaven forbid my dog got hold of them. Maybe I have a fire, do I now need to buy a fireproof safe so I can store my saddle proof of purchase safely.

SA distributors are here to sell and uphold the name of the product and attend to warranty issues, they are not here to make life difficult for consumers as so many of them are want to do. Its of no relevance to them if they replace the part, they just claim a replacement from the manufacturer, but they aim to make it difficult and hope you go away.

Unfortunately we accept this lax attitude to customer satisfaction and when we get what would be considered "normal" service in any other country (like you recieved) we are so over the moon we become firm brand marketers of the line, local agents can do the same, but most of them cant be bothered, its the old SA attitude, "it was difficult for us, lets make it difficult for you."

Great to hear manufacturers are bypassing local agents who dont stand up for their name and product.

This was my argument in another forum about this topic.

It's clear that there is a problem with this product, and they know about. Why must I chase my tail looking for POP?

They know the manufacturer will warrantee it...

Pity I love this saddle, otherwise I would have moved to something else.