Who else thinks it's rude

Buffwhack

What's with people who reply to an add, I assume looking to purchase the item advertised - but insist on sending you endless SMS's asking you all manner of questions to which you must reply. If I see something and am interested I pick up the phone and call. Call me "toit" if you must - but why should I pay for SMS's when someone wants to buy off me......WOW I NEEDEd TO GET THAT OUT.

I prefer SMS/email as it provides a written record of all transaction details. Very useful if things go wrong.

I couldn't be bothered phoning someone just to find out if it is still available. If they confirm it is available by SMS then I will call for more info and to arrange viewing/buying

Making a sale isn't always "for free". Unless the item you are selling is R1-00, a sms or 2 shouldn't set you back too much. Normally when people are going to spend a bit of their hard earned cash, they want details and (sometimes unneccessary) assurance.

My 2c

I prefer SMS/email as it provides a written record of all transaction details. Very useful if things go wrong.

+1 for emails.

Agreed on the written correspondance. What p!sses ME off as a seller is when people enquire about availability and the cost of postage and then drop off the face of the earth after you reply to their PM and send them mail... A simple no thanks or changed my mind goes a LONG way!

but why should I pay for SMS's when someone wants to buy off me.

Why should the buyer go for a communication method they don't prefer when, ultimately, they're the one who's going to be giving you money. You need to put some effort into actually selling an item.

The weirdest of all are those who are interested/feign interest and leave a comment for the seller to send them a PM...

Man, the average hubber gets p1$$ed off pretty easily over the smallest, most random things :o

+1

...and usually with a transaction, the client(buyer) comes first.

What's with people who reply to an add, I assume looking to purchase the item advertised - but insist on sending you endless SMS's asking you all manner of questions to which you must reply. If I see something and am interested I pick up the phone and call. Call me "toit" if you must - but why should I pay for SMS's when someone wants to buy off me......WOW I NEEDEd TO GET THAT OUT.

If you don't like getting SMS's why not just say so in your ad? Easier than whining about it.

Its easy ... don't answer the sms's and don't sell your item :thumbup:

Prefer email myself, if the person used the interweb to find the add, then surely the can use the interweb to communicate.

This is how I see it going down.

Buyer sms "do you still have the bike"

Seller sms "yes, where are you" being pro active as I could take the bike to work to make it easy for the buyer

Buyer "mentions area"

Seller "will contact you tomorrow"

Buyer "great"

Next day after numerous phone calls to the number with no answer service buyer sms

Buyer "bike with me so ring me if you want to meet"

Seller"where are you"

And so it goes on and on

One heck of a communication trail to want to hang on to - so please don't give me the line of if yu want to sell something you must go out of your way. It's a two way thing.

I have something you may want so make a plan. I tried to make life easy by opting to take the bike in to work as I know I live out of town and it is off putting/

The problem with people today is that they don't know how to communicate effectively. Far better speaking to someone. Its can change the entire deal either good or bad.

The problem with people today is that they don't know how to communicate effectively. Far better speaking to someone.

There you go. And it's got f%$k all to do with buying or selling anything. It's life.