SCOTT ROAD DILEMMA

The Black Eagle

I just bought a CR1 pro on Friday, the 2011 models are really good value now, R20 000 - your cash discount for a 7.3kg bike. But then I wanted a comfort bike as I'm not chasing a podium ot anything. Wish I could tell you how it rides but my knee needs a bit of rest first.

I think the SL3 is no longer in production. It's the SL4 nowadays

U right but they still avdertised on the specialized website and for about R7k less but then again if money isnt a object then SL4 or even more the Venge would be nice.

U right but they still avdertised on the specialized website and for about R7k less but then again if money isnt a object then SL4 or even more the Venge would be nice.

According to bicycling latest issue, the SL4 outrates the venge by quite a bit.

They basically said that compared to the SL4, the venge is crap.

But compared to the C'dale evo, the SL4 is average.

SL4 and the Venge are quite different bikes. If you are a sprinter or riding in the wind a lot the Venge may be a better option.

The Foil is the Scott equivalent of the Venge - awesome bike.

The Venge is a brand new design and in that sense is a bit rough around the edges which apparently comes through in the handling and ride quality, but you save quite a few watts with the aerodynamics.

The SL4 on the other hand is a lighter frame with years of refinements on board that have trickled down from all the other SL frames, 1, 2, 3 etc

I am considering a scott CR1 TEAM OR THE CR1 PRO OR THE ADDICT R3

ANYBODY ABLE TO ASSIST?

WHICH IS THE BEST OPTION

It might depend on your bike fit. The CR1 has a shorter top tub and a longer head tube than the Addict. For fit, flexible pros, the Addict would likely be better. Otherwise the CR1.

I don't know prices, but I suspect the CR1 frame is cheaper than the Addict which means that you can get better components at the same price point on a complete bike.