Rockshox - Rockshocking

danimal

I bought a brand new felt 6 elite in march. Soon after, my rockshox stopped locking out. To cut a long story short, the shocks have been sent back 4 times, each time coming back around 3 weeks later, in exactly the same condition.

What really annoys me, is the way it seems rockshox really don't care. I have now gone up to the boss. When I told him I'd had enough, and needed my bike by last Friday, he promised me the problem would be solved. I haven't heard back from him.

He claims this is a problem only in East London.

These are brand new shocks. If they can't fix them, replace them. simple.

Anyone else had this problem?

I had great service from them last week. Had the shocks for about 3 months and they had to replace the the seals or something. Any way, took it to the shop, they sent it in and I got them back 3 days later. Suppose its k@k that I needed to take them in after 3 months but I didnt have service problems. When my shocks pop back they now make some sucking kind of sound, dont know if that is normal though.

I had great service from them last week. Had the shocks for about 3 months and they had to replace the the seals or something. Any way, took it to the shop, they sent it in and I got them back 3 days later. Suppose its k@k that I needed to take them in after 3 months but I didnt have service problems. When my shocks pop back they now make some sucking kind of sound, dont know if that is normal though.

It's on the rebound ;)

Hahahahaha! Seriously though I dont know if its normal for THE SHOCK to sound like that...

:D

I am serious, the oil sucking through the holes slowing down the rebound rate is what you bare hearing.

I put it on the rabit and it does sound better. The guys could have atleast givin it back with my settings, I almost bottomed out the shock cause they didn't pump it up again and then they put it on the tortoise! Any way thanks for the advice and sorry for the hi-jack danimal.

I still haven't heard from the rockshox boss. After he promised I was their number 1 priority, and acknowledged it was a big problem that needed sorting immediately. What a crock. He was going to phone me an hour later on friday at 8am.

I put it on the rabit and it does sound better. The guys could have atleast givin it back with my settings, I almost bottomed out the shock cause they didn't pump it up again and then they put it on the tortoise! Any way thanks for the advice and sorry for the hi-jack danimal.

You should always check your settings and pressure after a service. They need to range through all of the functions to test.

This is an incredible thread in the art of ignorance.

I have included this quote to highlight part of that.

Pieter1: Did the guys servicing your shock know your ride weight, the frame the shock came off, your riding style? No?

Those are personal settings. YOU set them. They service the shock.

Then I have to assume that the OP is talking about A Shock and not Forks.

So, to the OP there is nor RockShox Boss in SA. There is an Agent..we all know who.. who represents Rockshox. Yes, they may be slow, and they certainly do not always do justice to service. This however should not reflect on the brand, but rather the (bloody) Agent.

Just saying...

I had a similar problem,not with a Roxshock, but with the F32 FIT ......X shock,also a brand new shock,with maybe 300km's on it,cut a long story short,did the repair at my own cost ,because the person that sold the shock to you,now suddenly don't reconise you,sad,but true,so don't feel lonely with your Roxshock experience, it's just the way service get's handle at a some of the SA outlets.

I have had nothing but poor service from Cape Cycle Systems, ordered a Rock Sox Sid through my LBS, they confirmed they had the correct stock then sent the incorrect fork 3 times! Also ordered a Sram XO full groupset through my LBS, was very clear that Iwanted the XO with red decals, was in the LBS when order was placed, they confirm they have 5 sets in stock in the colour I request, then they proceed to ship the groupset in grey ??

They are agents for some excellent brands, it's a pity they don't do them justice, it seems to be a common probelm is the SA market, it puts the LBS in an awkward spot and drives business to the likes of CRC imho.

Sorry drongo. I have never sent in any cycling equipment so I have no Idea how they do anything or what they need to do or change. Any way it works great now.