"I cannot help you the computers have been packed away!"

goya-goya

I always buy from my LBS or ChainReaction Cycles...

I decided to give "Local-is-leke" a try...

Chris Willemse Cycles were the object of my experiment. Now I have heard loads of good things from this site about them... so I had an open mind.

I placed the order on Wed 14 Sept @11pm - no idea why they do not have Credit Card Facilities - Had to EFT.. only got around to it on Friday morning-long story short:phone in the car... needed to add beneficiary... too much hassle at night!

Money was EFT'ed via ABSA to their ABSA account on Friday morning... I checked my order status on their website " Payment Received"... cool

No worries...

I know they are moving this week and hence wanted to get the order out before the weekend - task accomplished - I think??

My issue is with calling them yesterday. Basically I wanted to know if the order had been dispatched or where it was?

I called a guy named Steven - not sure of the spelling sorry if I offend the bloke - asked to check on an order... this was the response:

"I cannot help you the computers have been packed away!"
huh.gif

I would have thought a small printout of all live orders before "switching off the business" would have been a simple thing...

Am I expecting too much from local business minds

I am not even sure, and neither are they, if the items are already shipped...if it has been shipped I could get it todayclap.gif if not... I will have to wait until next week Monday before they will get to it... sad.gifby then CRC would have sent me the stuff for cheaper and I would have been able to track my parcel...

Thanx for your time to read this

They did make an uxcuse beforehand, on their online shop, here on thehub, their facebook and twitter page that orders will be slightly delayed.

Cut them a bit of slack, their service is good, and under "normal circumstances" you would have received your order within 48hours! :thumbup:

Steven is one of the Shop staff, not the Online store. They are in the middle of the move, but I'm under the impression the On Line division is business as usual. He should have transfered you to them.

Why not phone again and ask to speak to Jnr or Snr, they will surely sort you out A.S.A.P.

Better than starting a rant here.

Dude, to be fair, you took a chance..... you even said so by saying 'I know they are moving this week and hence wanted to get the order out before the weekend'.

You only paid on Friday, so next dispatch day would be Monday..... shop closed (although I do remember something along the lines of 'if EFT is in before 1pm, dispatch is the same day' - but I speak under correction)

Did you phone before you placed the order to find out whether they would be able to process the order due to their move? Most likely not.

So, in my opinion, you took and chance and failed. I do hope that they got your order off before they closed up shop. Next time I am sure your order would be processed a hell of a lot faster just merely because they won't be in the process of moving...

Steven is one of the Shop staff, not the Online store. They are in the middle of the move, but I'm under the impression the On Line division is business as usual. He should have transfered you to them.

Why not phone again and ask to speak to Jnr or Snr, they will surely sort you out A.S.A.P.

Better than starting a rant here.

Not really ranting...

I just want to get opinions about telling a customer that the computers are switched off and that there was nothing they could do until Monday... and the fact that they did not take any preemptive "old school" paper - at least - makeshift plan...

Steven was adamant that ONLINE was packed up! and that the computers were packed up... I am not one for speaking to the boss to get stuff sorted out... if it does not get sorted I just dont go back... not upset... not angry... just prefer to to go somewhere else

Not really ranting...

I just want to get opinions about telling a customer that the computers are switched off and that there was nothing they could do until Monday... and the fact that they did not take any preemptive "old school" paper - at least - makeshift plan...

Steven was adamant that ONLINE was packed up! and that the computers were packed up... I am not one for speaking to the boss to get stuff sorted out... if it does not get sorted I just dont go back... not upset... not angry... just prefer to to go somewhere else

I am siding with you here. If they can't process orders, they maybe should have disabled sales for the down time.

Dude, to be fair, you took a chance..... you even said so by saying 'I know they are moving this week and hence wanted to get the order out before the weekend'.

You only paid on Friday, so next dispatch day would be Monday..... shop closed (although I do remember something along the lines of 'if EFT is in before 1pm, dispatch is the same day' - but I speak under correction)

Did you phone before you placed the order to find out whether they would be able to process the order due to their move? Most likely not.

So, in my opinion, you took and chance and failed. I do hope that they got your order off before they closed up shop. Next time I am sure your order would be processed a hell of a lot faster just merely because they won't be in the process of moving...

Yea I did cut it a bit close....blush.gif I hope you are right about the 1pm thingyclap.gif

+1 :thumbup:

I've only had good service from the guys. Your timing was just a bit out. ;)

Not really ranting...

I think the shop should at least advise you when they will be able to handle your query and then offer to call back when they have your answer. Making it the customer's responsibility to continually call the shop for an update isn't very good service imho you got every right to think that.

I have bought a few things from CWC and had no issues. I must say they go out of there way to help you. You probably just unlucky to place the order while they moving.

now how the heck do I kill a topic?

You don't... you eternally live with the shame of ranting on the Hub :P

PS. You're not a Hubber if you haven't ranted about something on the forums... ;)

Yea I did cut it a bit close....blush.gif I hope you are right about the 1pm thingyclap.gif

Just do a bit of research man -

http://www.cwcycles.co.za/shipping-information-sa-only

'All orders that are placed on items we have in stock before 3:30pm and received by CWC, will be dispatched the same day.

Order received after 3:30pm or during weekend or Public Holidays will be dispatched the following working day.

Delivery time depends on the package size.'

Like Wannabe said, give them a call and chat to the online guys.

Not really ranting...

I received communication that that the online shop will be well "kinda offline" this week, no collections can be made from the shop but they will still dispatch.

Not sure what "opinions" you want, Steven told you the truth, not much more he could have done.

I placed an order on Monday the 13th at around 7pm, Wednesday morning at 9am I had the goodies in my hands.

Brilliant service as always :thumbup: :thumbup:

You took a chance by cutting it so close and it did not pay off. Cut them some slack