Kyalami Elevation

W1Z@RD

Anyone have an elevation figure for Kyalami?

I use a cateye and have my Blackberry using endomondo to check route and elevation and it tell me that after 10 laps my eleavation equals 236 metres.

Does that sound right?

post-8598-0-58543700-1316542963.jpg

Last time I rode Kyalami I did 14 laps with a total distance of 59.1km and ascent of 670m, which equates to 4.22km per lap and an ascent of 48m per lap according to my Polar HRM.

Ill stick to 25.41km and 422m up. This gives 6 laps at 4.22km per lap, or 70andabit climb per lap.

Butwhatever the number is, it is great training and that hill feels steeper every lap!

Topic hijack (sorry)

I use kyalami for training during the week in preparation for the 94.7, please give me your opinion.

I do about 7 laps per visit, my question is should I aim to do more laps say 8 or 9 or stay with 7 and just try to increase my average speed? your comments will be appreciated.

Topic hijack (sorry)

I use kyalami for training during the week in preparation for the 94.7, please give me your opinion.

I do about 7 laps per visit, my question is should I aim to do more laps say 8 or 9 or stay with 7 and just try to increase my average speed? your comments will be appreciated.

It's always good to increase your average, but if you're training for the 94.7 then you need to start increasing your distance. It'll be no good if you manage the first 50kms in good time but then struggle to stay the distance for the rest of the race.

Topic hijack (sorry)

that's great training for during the week, but closer to race day you need to step up the time. As an example, I did strength / power training all winter, and my first race, dome2dome, I blew after about 2:15 hours on the bike. If i did only maybe 3 or 4 3-hour rides before, I would most likely have been able to finish in good form.

• 3 weeks later...