Groenkloof fire…

Tumbleweed

I woke this morning to read on twitter that there was a fire at Groenies last night. Jeez, I hope they got it under control and none of the animals got hurt. Does anyone have more info on this?

Did Fort Klapper kop on the MTB this morn, it seemed like it hit half of groenies, from the R21 locked wooden gate up, and between the onion hill mountain and R21.... Everything seems fine and under control, I'm sure the Zebs and Impi will have been fine, but worried about the kudu getting cornered in the woodlands....

Did Fort Klapper kop on the MTB this morn, it seemed like it hit half of groenies, from the R21 locked wooden gate up, and between the onion hill mountain and R21.... Everything seems fine and under control, I'm sure the Zebs and Impi will have been fine, but worried about the kudu getting cornered in the woodlands....

Thanks for the update!

Was there this afternoon. Saw lots of animals here on the R21 side, including a Kudu. Didn't see the sables, but trust they are alright. I should mention I didn't go around to onion hill and the switch backs, so don't know the situation there.

I trust the animals are fine. From the photos it doesn't seem as if they would've gotten trapped in a corner somwhere. Animal instinct...

Hopefully we will get some good rains soon and within no time you will not even know there was a fire there.

Did it seem like a controlled fire to you?

My cycling buddy seemed to think it was, I should have asked the rangers, but didn't sorry.

Did it seem like a controlled fire to you?

Rode there this morning and was up on Onions and the ridge, it does look like a controlled fire. You could see definite burn lines along the edges where the fire has been started. It seems a bit late to be burning though?

Rode there this morning and was up on Onions and the ridge, it does look like a controlled fire. You could see definite burn lines along the edges where the fire has been started. It seems a bit late to be burning though?

no i think its about the right time now, they burning some of the farms out here in the north, its just before the rains get here so that everything comes back greener and better.