Who has a Wild Card?

kandui

To gather some ammunition in my quest to have single track built on the slopes of Table Mountain, I would like to know the following:

1. Do you have a Wild Card?

2. How often do you use it?

3. Do you cycle in San Parks reserves on a regular basis (for instance, Tokai/Silvermine)?

4. Do you think cyclists are catered for specifically, by San Parks?

5. Would you be prepared to pay to get access to areas, currently off-limits to cyclists?

6. If you have ONE idea/suggestion to enhance the cycling experience, what would it be?

I would appreciate as much feedback as possible. Please restrict yourself to a YES/NO answer on questions 1-5.

Try and keep your answer to question 6 short and succinct. I know we all have grumbles and gripes, but I am looking for pro-active and achievable ideas and suggestions.

Thanks

Edited by kandui

To gather some ammunition in my quest to have single track built on the slopes of Table Mountain, I would like to know the following:

3. Do you cycle in San Parks reserves on a regular basis (for instance, Tokai/Silvermine)?

5. Would you be prepared to pay to get access to areas, currently off-limits to cyclists?

6. If you have ONE idea/suggestion to enhance the cycling experience, what would it be?

I would appreciate as many replies as possible. Please restrict yourself to a YES/NO answer on questions 1-5.

Try and keep your answer to question 6 short and succinct. I know we all have grumbles and gripes, but I am looking for pro-active and achievable ideas and suggestions.

I had a wild card before they changed the system, haven't bothered to get a new one yet. I've heard a rumour that TMNP is happy for the slopess Devils Peak to be turned into a bike park, is this true? I was also given permission to ride on the single track below the cable station by one of the rangers recently!

1. Do you have a Wild Card? Yes

2. How often do you use it? every week

3. Do you cycle in San Parks reserves on a regular basis (for instance, Tokai/Silvermine)? yes

4. Do you think cyclists are catered for specifically, by San Parks? no

5. Would you be prepared to pay to get access to areas, currently off-limits to cyclists? yes

6. If you have ONE idea/suggestion to enhance the cycling experience, what would it be? Split hikers and cyclists

I would appreciate as much feedback as possible. Please restrict yourself to a YES/NO answer on questions 1-5.

Thanks

2. How often do you use it? 2-3 times a week (tokai)

3. Do you cycle in San Parks reserves on a regular basis (for instance, Tokai/Silvermine)? Yes

4. Do you think cyclists are catered for specifically, by San Parks? No

5. Would you be prepared to pay to get access to areas, currently off-limits to cyclists? Yes (but not much more than current wildcard fees)

6. If you have ONE idea/suggestion to enhance the cycling experience, what would it be? Better connection between parts of table mountain

2. How often do you use it?4 - 5 times a week

3. Do you cycle in San Parks reserves on a regular basis (for instance, Tokai/Silvermine)? Yes, Tokai & Silvermine & Rhodes Memorial & Deer Park & Cape Point

4. Do you think cyclists are catered for specifically, by San Parks? No / Poorly

5. Would you be prepared to pay to get access to areas, currently off-limits to cyclists?Hell Yes!

6. If you have ONE idea/suggestion to enhance the cycling experience, what would it be? Safe cycle routes from the suburbs to the trailheads & link up the separate trails and make a loop around Table Mountain / peninsula.

Sorry, couldn't help myself sneaking in more info :)

1. Do you have a Wild Card? Expired. Will get one soon though

2. How often do you use it? Generaly once a week

3. Do you cycle in San Parks reserves on a regular basis (for instance, Tokai/Silvermine)? Yes

4. Do you think cyclists are catered for specifically, by San Parks? No

5. Would you be prepared to pay to get access to areas, currently off-limits to cyclists? Yes

6. If you have ONE idea/suggestion to enhance the cycling experience, what would it be? Security

Thanks

1. Yes

2. 3 - 4 times per week

3. Yup

4. Nope

5. In the words of our President - Absolutely!

6. More dedicated cycle paths in the suburbs.

1. Do you have a Wild Card? Yes - now expired tho'

2. How often do you use it? Minimum of once a week

4. Do you think cyclists are catered for specifically, by San Parks? No they are almost ignored

5. Would you be prepared to pay to get access to areas, currently off-limits to cyclists? Yes -within limits

6. If you have ONE idea/suggestion to enhance the cycling experience, what would it be? Allow more access and use a bike type Tag/ ID system (Like Tygerberg MTB)which will allow registered/paid up riders automatic access

Thanks