Engen Dynamic Cycle Challenge 2011

'Dale

Hey, Dudes & Dudettes,

This event is on Sunday 09 October - start line just outside Wellington.

My 1st race of the season.

You gonna be there?

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0911/did.you.see.that.1106/images/sumo-Cycling.jpg

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You gonna be there?

Nope, lucky the Williams Simpson Aquell Apple Blossom MTB classic is on the same day at Oak Valley! :thumbup:

Thats my excuse for not having to do this boooooring ride.

Time for some fun in the sun on the most awesome singletrack!

Catch you at the next roadie ride 'Dale

Nope, lucky the Williams Simpson Aquell Apple Blossom MTB classic is on the same day at Oak Valley! :thumbup:

Thats my excuse for not having to do this boooooring ride.

Time for some fun in the sun on the most awesome singletrack!

Catch you at the next roadie ride 'Dale

Yeah, the route and other routes surrounding it is not the fave for many riders.

Enjoy yours, Tankman.

I need to wake up these legs and remind 'em that the road racing season has begun.

Yeah, the route and other routes surrounding it is not the fave for many riders.

Enjoy yours, Tankman.

I need to wake up these legs and remind 'em that the road racing season has begun.

Nah, he's just scared I kick his ass again like the Worcester race...... and dude, I know you did the short route so no excuses about having done the MTB race the day before :P :clap: :clap:

See you there 'Dale... you personal super domestique. The guys in the G bunch are gonna be scared.... although, if I remember correctly, we get seeded differerntly for this race i.e. special numbers? I can't remember... think it is the Burger race of two years ago that is confusing me - was the same route.

Time to get my lazy bum back on the saddle! I'll be the guy huffing & puffing at the back! [that comment has nothing to do with the #1 topic of today ;) ]

Nah, he's just scared I kick his ass again like the Worcester race...... and dude, I know you did the short route so no excuses about having done the MTB race the day before :P :clap: :clap:

See you there 'Dale... you personal super domestique. The guys in the G bunch are gonna be scared.... although, if I remember correctly, we get seeded differerntly for this race i.e. special numbers? I can't remember... think it is the Burger race of two years ago that is confusing me - was the same route.

:lol: :lol: funny boy!

I aint scared and I aint making excuses... also know where my fitness is at and where it is going to. Have learned a long time ago that there will always be someone faster than me :P

Remember that ride we did with Headhunter out to Kleinmond before the winter started, who was waiting for you then?

And yes there are different numbers for the Elites and Vets in this race, the rest use PPA numbers.

Lets see how they confuse everyone again this year! :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Met Eish!

I will be in the starting chute while the Bokke plays the Wallabies...

:blink:

Not to worry dude, I'll be there with you.... :rolleyes:

Anyone know if the SV's will be going off separately like last year? I heard we're being lumped with $, but that sounds unlikely - bunch will be too big

Met Eish!

I will be in the starting chute while the Bokke plays the Wallabies...

:blink:

Not to worry dude, I'll be there with you.... :rolleyes:

The MTBikers are just awesome! They are delaying the start till after the rugby, which will be shown at registration :clap: Then it is game on with theeee most awesome singletrack! Enjoy your wheel sucking session boys!

I'm in cape town for the week and going back home (PE) sunday but I packed my baiesukkel in so I will make a pit stop and do the race too!

Hilly or flat route?? What is an avg time for the race?? I don't know the area so hope to find my way to the start.

I'm in cape town for the week and going back home (PE) sunday but I packed my baiesukkel in so I will make a pit stop and do the race too!

Hilly or flat route?? What is an avg time for the race?? I don't know the area so hope to find my way to the start.

There is only one hill to really be concerned about - Botmas Pass. It is about half way into the race. Other that that there are sections of rollers and flats along the route.

Start is on the R44 towards Wellington - you can't miss it.

Here is a route map and profile:

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/50081372

Edit: Started in J and did it in 2hr52

Edited by Tiny K

Anyone know if the SV's will be going off separately like last year? I heard we're being lumped with $, but that sounds unlikely - bunch will be too big

The results for Durban Engen shows two different groups, albeit not big groups. At PE there was a bit of a balls-up with two seperate groups organised, but when $ started most VA went with them, but not all. Apparently they decided the evening before to make one group, but communication was non-existent at the start.

In short - I don't know. Why? You want to gun with the $?!