2012 Raleighs

AndreZA

Raleigh UK has taken over the Raleigh brand in SA. The bikes on Bikerumour are the USA Raleighs. I have been searching, but have not found what Raleigh UK will be launching for 2012.

Raleigh UK has taken over the Raleigh brand in SA. The bikes on Bikerumour are the USA Raleighs. I have been searching, but have not found what Raleigh UK will be launching for 2012.

So who is the new agent then? probike? anyone know.

the last time i looked at the proper raleigh website they had beautiful old school looking steel road bikes, lugs and all with latest groupsets and wheels.......best looking road bikes I've seen in a while......

So who is the new agent then? probike? anyone know.

Emotion Cycling (the guys that do Cervelo and Eddy Mercx) will be distributing for Raleigh UK. Probike have nothing more to do with the Raleigh brand.

Emotion Cycling (the guys that do Cervelo and Eddy Mercx) will be distributing for Raleigh UK. Probike have nothing more to do with the Raleigh brand.

I thought Dougie Ryder did Eddy Mercx. If Emotion does Raleigh then the price will not be on par with what we got use to.

EDIT: But thinking about it now, that is probably why the MTN MTB team rides Volcans. Also a brand from Emotion.

Edited by AndreZA

the last time i looked at the proper raleigh website they had beautiful old school looking steel road bikes, lugs and all with latest groupsets and wheels.......best looking road bikes I've seen in a while......

Saw those too. I think those are the American Raleigh's though.

• 1 month later...

It was the SCOTT-ish influence that made them desert Raleigh.

I do not think we will ever see value for money bikes here like the very successful old Raleigh brand again as overinflated prices and so-called shallow snob status is more important to our cyclists.

Edited by eccentric1

Axis bikes now done by probike will bring back the value for money.

I only see Maxxis but ony part of the bike is there, the tyre part. Link please? Will there be Tandems as well or have they deserted that as well in favour of the SCOTT-ish brand?

I only see Maxxis but ony part of the bike is there, the tyre part. Link please? Will there be Tandems as well or have they deserted that as well in favour of the SCOTT-ish brand?

This is what the Axis bikes will look like (the second set of Axis pictures, not the one at the top of the page). https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/109577-probike-axis-bikes/page__st__20

This is what the new Raleighs will look like: www.raleigh.co.uk Nothing really to shout home about. Their mtb range is pretty sparce

Edited by Eugene