Tokai trail maintenance: DH lower

(Deon)

Hey guys/girls.

Date set for this weekend. We have access for the day that best suits the turnout.. (Omega man, you have a birthday ride on Sat right?)

Time: 12 - 5pm (Sat)

Vehicles: Max 3

Volunteers: min x8 total..

Bring: spades, picks and gloves (for the fingertip hardened keyboard bashers.)

Don't bring: Bikes (no shuttle)

No mechanical diggers until we have a set mandate on scope of work... No new course obstacles until we have design approval. Simple.

David16v? :D

Saturday is getting the most confirmations. Fingers crossed for a good turnout!

Deon

AMA TokaiMTB

Edited by Pain or Shine

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More DH trail maintenance ? That's two in a row now! Will help out when XC trails are eventually upgraded.

Hey surfer, sorry we did not see you at the last XC track repair, but rest assured there will be more in the very near future.

Just so it is out there, all the trails are undergoing repair/redesign.. we obviously have to start with the most urgent projects first and any inspection of the current state of the DH, will offer more understanding than I can put in words.

PS, don't be surprised when you do join in, to find that you are rubbing shoulders with downhillers repairing the XC track.. Nice bunch of guys they are!! - It is one sport after all. ;)

Cheers.

I am working saturday but can maybe get out by 12. I wont know till saturday though. Sunday no good. Family etc. . .

Hey, Jimmy, quit your jibber jabber! Just be there.. SATURDAY..

More DH trail maintenance ? That's two in a row now! Will help out when XC trails are eventually upgraded.

Another bad attitude.

You obviously missed the other trail maintenance notifications trail days.

Can you please tell us which of the XC trails need 'upgrading', and I am sure we will gladly assist in making them nice and rideable for you, cos I only presume they are not rideable, hence the upgrading request.

Another bad attitude.

You obviously missed the other trail maintenance notifications trail days.

Can you please tell us which of the XC trails need 'upgrading', and I am sure we will gladly assist in making them nice and rideable for you, cos I only presume they are not rideable, hence the upgrading request.

PoS answered it better than I did, he is more diplomatic. My bad

Guest Omega Man

I'm in.

It's my birthday on Saturday and I arranged a shuttle day for about 12 mates at Paarl on Saturday and I'm canceling that which means disappointing a good few people to come build.

So on balance I'd say I have the best excuse (apart from Dom of course) and I'm going to be there. So no excuses boys. Come build.

Oh and I'm gonna bring a few beers (light of course) for the boys that show.

Edited by Omega Man

I'm in.

It's my birthday on Saturday and I arranged a shuttle day for about 12 mates at Paarl on Saturday and I'm canceling that to come build.

So on balance I'd say I have the best excuse (apart from Dom of course) and I'm going to be there. So no excuses boys. Come build.

NOOIT, you'd do that ?

There go all the excuses okes. Just come and build.

Jiss, Omega is one committed guy, the or he needs to be!!

Guest Omega Man

There have been plenty XC trail maintenance days. I bet you you've never had a spade in your hand at Tokai ever. Tell me I'm wrong. please.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Deon can we PLEEEEAAAASSE put some signage on the bit of trail where the berm is? Please. I almost had a head on there on Tuesday. Just one sign.

I'm in.

It's my birthday on Saturday and I arranged a shuttle day for about 12 mates at Paarl on Saturday and I'm canceling that which means disappointing a good few people to come build.

Oh and I'm gonna bring a few beers (light of course) for the boys that show.

SNAP! It's also my birthday on Saturday! So the other okes will be celebrating your heritage as well as mine! Awesome.

See you guys there...

Guest Omega Man

SNAP! It's also my birthday on Saturday! So the other okes will be celebrating your heritage as well as mine! Awesome.

See you guys there...

So pull in early on the GT and we can have a ride before digging. That way we can work and play in one day. Cap you really need to come dig. Bring that M9 along. I'm keen to take a 2nd look there.