Maxis Lust

chris_w_65

Do these tyres suck? The only way I can get them to seat is at the garage and by the time they seat I have lost a whole load of sealant. Is there another better option that won't break the bank or is there a trick to it? :angry:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do these tyres suck? The only way I can get them to seat is at the garage and by the time they seat I have lost a whole load of sealant. Is there another better option that won't break the bank or is there a trick to it? :angry:

Get them to seat first. Then you get the syringe with the goooooey stuff and squirt it in. Then you put the valve back in and inflate to desired pressure. Voila :clap:

I think it mainly depends on the rims, like with the xt rims, you don't even need a compressor, sommer 'n voetpomp

On a pennyfarthing? 29ers are very different to 26" wheels ;)

Crispy. Do you have any 29" rims to sell that pump up easy?

I only got a set of new ZTR's. Was going to put them on my new carbon Scott 29er (when I get it)

What you running now?

I only got a set of new ZTR's. Was going to put them on my new carbon Scott 29er (when I get it)

What you running now?

The rims are

DT Swiss 485d, 32H

If I can't get anything else then maybe I must get the XT 29 wheels

The rims are

DT Swiss 485d, 32H

If I can't get anything else then maybe I must get the XT 29 wheels

Aai wena. Buy a compressor rather!

Then you can pump whatever wheels you want when you want. And you get to spray all sorts of things. And you can get a sandblasting kit for it. Better toys than a new/another set of wheels. The existing ones should be good enough.

If you can't get them to seat, put an extra 2 loops of rim tape on

Aai wena. Buy a compressor rather!

Then you can pump whatever wheels you want when you want. And you get to spray all sorts of things. And you can get a sandblasting kit for it. Better toys than a new/another set of wheels. The existing ones should be good enough.

If you can't get them to seat, put an extra 2 loops of rim tape on

I have a compressor, a 200 litre. Gave it to my brother, no space. Garage has a compressor but I still struggle there

None of those. Try get a Racing Ralph Evo for the front and an Ikon Exo for the back.

Nice mix of rubber.

Chris has new tyres, I really don't think he needs to waste money getting new ones.

Call me tomorrow and I'll help you with them CW

None of those. Try get a Racing Ralph Evo for the front and an Ikon Exo for the back.

I see the Racing Ralf on CRC. Not the other, do you see another option, I may as well order at the same time if I get wheels.

Yes they do suck but not for the reasons you have problems with.

A bit of soapy water will go a long way to help you make them seat. They work quite well in that way. However, I'm still to come across one that's nice and round. Also, they are prone to delamination. And finally, like all proper UST tyres, they are just too thick and juicy to get them off in the field in an emergency. Especially on some rims, like DT Swiss (can't remember the model that makes this combo really tough).