• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is our new boy.

post-2565-0-41968700-1415548414_thumb.jpg

Welcome Frankie.

I know its a stereotypical name for a dachshund but i always wanted to get one named Frankie. We got him from the SPCA Kempton park - he's coming home after all the red tape and inspections are done next week.

We have 4 x dachshunds (or had) We lost one of our four guys on Friday - Louis the Dachshund. He was my boy and I am absolutely devastated. You cant really grasp the pain until it happens and he is gone.

So I need to pay it forward and get a little guy out of a shelter that really needs help and this little guy just appealed to me and the wife. Took the furry family out there to meet him and i decided to go ahead.

He looks like he has had a rough time, but nothing a good home can't fix. I wanted a boy as we lost a boy but his sister or partner is still there and she is beautiful.  So if you are looking there is a little girl dachshund looking for a home in Cage 14 at Kempton park SPCA....

And to my boy Louis. RIP Louis the Dachshund. You have no idea how many people you touched and how many calls we got my boy.

Those paw prints are forever in my heart......

Here is our new boy.

attachicon.gifFrankie.jpg

Welcome Frankie.

I know its a stereotypical name for a dachshund but i always wanted to get one named Frankie. We got him from the SPCA Kempton park - he's coming home after all the red tape and inspections are done next week.

We have 4 x dachshunds (or had) We lost one of our four guys on Friday - Louis the Dachshund. He was my boy and I am absolutely devastated. You cant really grasp the pain until it happens and he is gone.

So I need to pay it forward and get a little guy out of a shelter that really needs help and this little guy just appealed to me and the wife. Took the furry family out there to meet him and i decided to go ahead.

He looks like he has had a rough time, but nothing a good home can't fix. I wanted a boy as we lost a boy but his sister or partner is still there and she is beautiful. So if you are looking there is a little girl dachshund looking for a home in Cage 14 at Kempton park SPCA....

And to my boy Louis. RIP Louis the Dachshund. You have no idea how many people you touched and how many calls we got my boy.

Sorry to hear about Louis man,never easy loosing a friend.Congrats on youre new little guy Frankie,hope he gives you many years of love and happiness.

Had the scare of my life yesterday. Wife phoned me when she arrived home from work and told me that our 2 Husky's are missing and only the German Shepherd and Golden Retriever was still in the yard. My heart sank as I instantly knew someone was in my yard and feared the worst.

My dogs are in the back of my yard and they will have to through two secured gates to be "free" and there is no way that they could have done that all on their own, especially just 2 of the 4.

Immediately rushed home as I was still at work and called everyone I knew to be on the look out. After about 30min we managed to find them about 2km from where I stay on their way to the N1.

The strangest thing is, two weeks ago also on a Monday, I arrived home to find that the 4 have been separated again and that the Golden Retriever and German Shepherd was locked in the swimming pool area. Made nothing of it at the time.

Today I'm upgrading my security system. Sick world we live in I tell you.

Here is our new boy.

attachicon.gifFrankie.jpg

Welcome Frankie.

He looks like he has had a rough time, but nothing a good home can't fix. I wanted a boy as we lost a boy but his sister or partner is still there and she is beautiful.  So if you are looking there is a little girl dachshund looking for a home in Cage 14 at Kempton park SPCA....

Really one of the worst thing in losing a furry member of the family. Good luck.

Edited by Wil6

My two Pekingese pups (siblings) are inseperable.

When I bathed them over the weekend, I washed the male first. His little sister could not wait for her turn, and jumped into the bath where she stood patiently, waiting her turn.

Had the scare of my life yesterday. Wife phoned me when she arrived home from work and told me that our 2 Husky's are missing and only the German Shepherd and Golden Retriever was still in the yard. My heart sank as I instantly knew someone was in my yard and feared the worst.

My dogs are in the back of my yard and they will have to through two secured gates to be "free" and there is no way that they could have done that all on their own, especially just 2 of the 4.

Immediately rushed home as I was still at work and called everyone I knew to be on the look out. After about 30min we managed to find them about 2km from where I stay on their way to the N1.

The strangest thing is, two weeks ago also on a Monday, I arrived home to find that the 4 have been separated again and that the Golden Retriever and German Shepherd was locked in the swimming pool area. Made nothing of it at the time.

Today I'm upgrading my security system. Sick world we live in I tell you.

I thought my staffie had been stolen on Sat afternoon, she was at my inlaws place with their dogs and only the other two were there, couldnt find her anywhere. I eventually found her locked in one of the outbuildings at their place where my mother in law didnt notice my staffie follow her in and so she got locked in.

I have honestly never felt that much panic before, even more so because they are stealing staffies and pitbulls in our area.

http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/10802493_556284951171090_912345668_n.jpg

Too cute, can I have him/her?

I thought my staffie had been stolen on Sat afternoon, she was at my inlaws place with their dogs and only the other two were there, couldnt find her anywhere. I eventually found her locked in one of the outbuildings at their place where my mother in law didnt notice my staffie follow her in and so she got locked in.

I have honestly never felt that much panic before, even more so because they are stealing staffies and pitbulls in our area.

My heart would sink and i would kill if someone took my boy.

always said i would torture someone if they stole my dogs the same way they would have my pets.

Absolute rubbish that do this and they deserve a special place in hell.