Show us your pets

tunariaan

Took the family (minus the cats) to Groot Marico for the long weekend. To say the dogs had a ball is a complete understatement...

They went crazy. They swam & played with all the neighbouring farm dogs & all the dogs at the cool pub there.

And they even came for a canoe with us :clap: How we didnt all drown I will never know, but it was a huge laugh. Two people & three dogs in that tiny canoe was hilarious.

Miss Molly dog was in her element!!!

Heart warming photos, just love the looks on their faces. Scary to think that Miss Molly nearly wouldn't have been here if it wasn't for you guys.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, if you are planning on riding the 94.7, please join our charity group the

Barking Army and ride for a PURPOSE! We had tons of fun last year and even if you don't want to ride for fun, you can still race for time in your original starting group. 

http://www.barkingarmysa.com/

Ian, is Laiken joining us again this year :thumbup: 

I think Lycan has become an institution so he will have to come along. Thanks for your pledge received yesterday Wil6, look forward to riding with you again.

We were also flying the Husky Rescue flag at the recent Panorama Tour.

post-268-0-51923700-1430904095_thumb.jpg

These two crazy blind boys Apollo and Zeus are at the Eye Hospital as we speak having their ops. Hopefully, if all goes well, they will be able to see when we fetch them either later today or tomorrow morning.

They were hooligans when they couldn't see so goodness knows how they will be with sight but can't wait to see them running around.

post-268-0-28740800-1430904374_thumb.jpg

Just got a call from the surgeon.

Apollo and Zeus have been done, prognosis is good, no sign of other eye problems and they are recovering well

We had asked for lens replacements as well as the cataract op, unfortunately one of the dogs could not get two lens replacements so he will be short sighted slightly in one eye, this is always a problem with IOL, they can only tell during surgery whether the lens can be fitted. They could not tell us which dog only has one lens.

We will know at 4pm whether we will be collecting them today or tomorrow morning so will give an update later today.

Thanks to everyone for all the support and well wishes, to me this is better news than a royal birth.

Just got a call from the surgeon.

Apollo and Zeus have been done, prognosis is good, no sign of other eye problems and they are recovering well

We had asked for lens replacements as well as the cataract op, unfortunately one of the dogs could not get two lens replacements so he will be short sighted slightly in one eye, this is always a problem with IOL, they can only tell during surgery whether the lens can be fitted. They could not tell us which dog only has one lens.

We will know at 4pm whether we will be collecting them today or tomorrow morning so will give an update later today.

Thanks to everyone for all the support and well wishes, to me this is better news than a royal birth.

Ian, how are you for funds for the ops?

Such good news, cant wait to see pics after they realise they can see :clap:

Ian, how are you for funds for the ops?

Such good news, cant wait to see pics after they realise they can see :clap:

We still have money coming in and pledges received so I think we will get close thank you.

Also now that we are only doing 3 lenses there is some cost saving there too.

So after looking hard and long for the perfect male i find this awesome inported male from Serbia with awesome bloodline.

On my side i have word title lines.

These are my little ones, only a few days old.

Hold thimbs that we will have a SA champ or 2 in this litter

post-25947-0-74032400-1431003782_thumb.jpg

post-25947-0-81463800-1431003784_thumb.jpg

post-25947-0-20817600-1431003786_thumb.jpg

post-25947-0-61497400-1431003787_thumb.jpg

post-25947-0-36618600-1431003789_thumb.jpg

post-25947-0-12769500-1431003791_thumb.jpg

post-25947-0-95963700-1431003792_thumb.jpg

post-25947-0-88666700-1431003794_thumb.jpg

post-25947-0-05490600-1431003796_thumb.jpg

Pleased to report that Apollo and Zeus are back at the boarding kennels, the op went very well, they can already see well and they are expected to regain full eyesight within a few days.

As I took them to the car I could immediately see a difference, they knew where they were going and didn't trip over steps and things any more. When we got them back to the kennels they were much more confident and would walk straight up to us whereas before if was a bit of hit and miss and they would sometimes walk past before realising.

They now need to rest as much as possible for the next week and then after 3 weeks we will have them retested to confirm everything is ok then next step is sterilisation and then we can look for homes for them.

I know several Hubbers made donations to their cause so we would really like to thank everyone that did, it looks like we will be able to cover all the costs once all the pledges are in.

Here they are sleeping once they had settled down. There are videos and more pics on the Husky Rescue Facebook page if you have access. https://www.facebook.com/groups/huskyrescuesa/?fref=nf

post-268-0-97083400-1431007150_thumb.jpg

Pleased to report that Apollo and Zeus are back at the boarding kennels, the op went very well, they can already see well and they are expected to regain full eyesight within a few days.

As I took them to the car I could immediately see a difference, they knew where they were going and didn't trip over steps and things any more. When we got them back to the kennels they were much more confident and would walk straight up to us whereas before if was a bit of hit and miss and they would sometimes walk past before realising.

They now need to rest as much as possible for the next week and then after 3 weeks we will have them retested to confirm everything is ok then next step is sterilisation and then we can look for homes for them.

I know several Hubbers made donations to their cause so we would really like to thank everyone that did, it looks like we will be able to cover all the costs once all the pledges are in.

Here they are sleeping once they had settled down. There are videos and more pics on the Husky Rescue Facebook page if you have access. https://www.facebook.com/groups/huskyrescuesa/?fref=nf

attachicon.gifsleeping.jpg

You are a special person IanJ. Those are 2 very lucky dogs to have blindly stumbled across your path.

Hey CL,

Love your Russels. I am always impressed just how muscular the little guys are.

Regards

Sarge

Thanks Sarge

The male hikes all over the mountain range with me so is super fit and muscular

Not really the place to post this, sorry mods, but for the dog lovers: Anyone know where I can get one of those igloo dog kennels? Looking for something weather proof and easy to clean. I'm in slaapstad...  :offtopic:  :oops:

Edit: For a pitbull (medium/large kennel I suppose - and he is somewhere earlier in this thread :))

Edited by dre

Not really the place to post this, sorry mods, but for the dog lovers: Anyone know where I can get one of those igloo dog kennels? Looking for something weather proof and easy to clean. I'm in slaapstad...  :offtopic:  :oops:

Edit: For a pitbull (medium/large kennel I suppose - and he is somewhere earlier in this thread :))

Inside the house... preferably on the bed :P