Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our little rescue dog, Gracie, won her 15th Agility Championship show on the weekend, thus becoming a Grand Champion. She also turned 10 last week. Not bad for a dog from an animal shelter.

I was told the organisers/kennel clubs of these dog shows get quite nose out of joint if you compete and especially win with mixed breed dogs

I was told the organisers/kennel clubs of these dog shows get quite nose out of joint if you compete and especially win with mixed breed dogs

The vast majority of other handlers are very supportive, but Gracie (or any other dog without papers) can not represent SA at the World Champs as she is a mixed breed. Seems ludicrous to me, but that's the rule.

Edited by Dusty

The vast majority of other handlers are very supportive, but Gracie (or any other dog without papers) could not represent SA at the World Champs as she is a mixed breed. Seems ludicrous to me, but that's the rule.

yes - thats it..absolutely ridiculous. I was talking with someone who competes also with a mixed breed and won provincially, but did not bother going further as she would not be eligable

Hi guys. I can not find the exotic pets forum. But the rspca has over 200 spiders geckos etc. Looking for homes. Saw this on vleisboek.

Hahaha! I buy those little tubs...frustrates the hounds if they get hold of them.

The Mrs gives him the empty tub and he manages to pin it against the wall then clean it out. My old Staffie was not that sophisticated. She could not get her wide nose into the bottom of the tub, so I ended up picking up bits of shredded plastic from the garden.