Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Enzo update.

So he joined puppy school for socializing on Saturday, in the beginning he was a little unsure but he was just fine towards the end. They go into a big play pen and he just did his thing, ignored them while the rest were going crazy, just did his own thing..The obedience part was no issue as he has already learnt a what they are starting, The agility part..well we are a bit clumsy..but we will get there [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Mom in law said.. okay time to start learning how to walk backward and such a clever boy, he snapped it quite quick as she said is it one of the hardest things to learn as it is not natural but he needs it for later during protection work.

I tell you, that Jackie was trying to outrun the horse........and TOTALLY expected to win.

A Jackie will fight a Pitbull and expect to win! I don't think a JackRussel thinks they are incapable of anything! To be fair, they are pretty incredible dogs - a childhood friend of mine had a Jackie that managed to kill more than one black mamba up in Richards Bay. It's name was Lucky - quite fitting.

A Jackie will fight a Pitbull and expect to win! I don't think a JackRussel thinks they are incapable of anything! To be fair, they are pretty incredible dogs - a childhood friend of mine had a Jackie that managed to kill more than one black mamba up in Richards Bay. It's name was Lucky - quite fitting.

Ja nee..they don't lack confidence

Enzo update

Enzo had to go for more shots..Kennel Cough and his Lepo..(something or other) the vet didn't want to do all of them with his 12 week shots. So we spaced them 2 weeks apart..and in 2 weeks time he gets his other sweetie pill for Ticks and fleas..

He now weighs 20kg.

Also he is still the smartest pup at puppy school with obedience part of things.

Agility course is a challenge as he wants to skip the whole course to get to the part where he runs through the tunnel at the end [emoji23][emoji23].. think we should just start at the tunnel [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

He also had his first swim..well jumped into the pool at the step and messed around there... and he loves it.

Hell but he is cute..and sweet and busy and just amazing.

Hi, 

Moving to Lincoln Nebraska and I want to take my two dogs over. 

Anyone done this before...

USA rules are that the dogs only need a Rabies injection and the other deworming....no quarantine

I got a Quotes from petPort in JHB...not cheap but worth it...

Any tips or good agents you can recommend?

Impressive. One technical thing I would recommend is to release him from the spot with a word like "okay" then give him praise.

Might sound insignificant, but when you do more complicated work the dog might think he is going to get some sort of reward but in fact there might be another exercise to do.

Edited by Baldrick

Impressive. One technical thing I would recommend is to release him from the spot with a word like "okay" then give him praise.

Might sound insignificant, but when you do more complicated work the dog might think he is going to get some sort of reward but in fact there might be another exercise to do.

He releases on command with yes[emoji6] but what he does do is mix it up so that the treat doesn't after a certain duration..but Enzo knows that treat will come at some point [emoji23]

He is so clever..when the treat bag comes out he knows its obedience time and starts offering all sorts of things.. then when its times for play time he knows when my son says "Are you ready" some sort of fun will start..either tug play or ball play..

There is so much to learn for IGP but hey have so much fun learning together.

I think the gun shot test will be fine.. he gets introduced to new sounds all the time and at puppy school they brought in the cap gun.. nada, no reaction and we also use a sound effect app to help introduce different sounds..so so far all good [emoji23][emoji23]

Edited by Gen

3ad976625980f2ff7b71ba4ed9b78141.jpg

Got a little companion.

We still have to settle on a name. Either Litchi or Kiwi. Still a little wild (not hand raised) but ate some watermelon out of my hand this afternoon.

Lekker

How about ozzie?

His colours remind me of Australia for some reason