Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, Enzo is so happy to be home with his Bruce, bounced all over the place.

my son worked really hard on some behavioural issues while on holiday.. Enzo has started barking at people and dogs who approach us while on lead..he is really protective..but cant go around scaring people who aren't threats..he has to learn.(fine when we approach)now my son puts him in down/sit when he sees people approach and he stays in down or sit for the duration of a conversation..and boy Enzo attracts a lot of people..so many people come over to talk about him and look at him and ask questions because on the beach my son did a lot of obedience work with him.. can't just throw a ball he has to work for it, so they had a lot of questions about his training etc.

Only one issue with people on the beach and that was 2 moronic teenage boys about 14 years old.. my son saw them walk (about 20m away) and put Enzo in down and these 2 little shites started picking up things and throwing it towards Enzo..obviously trying to see if Enzo would chase after it..but he is a good boy and stayed in down..you know it is kids like those that get bitten by dogs..stupid kids..

Edited by Gen

I've been reading your posts about training Enzo and it's inspired me to take Lucy to puppy school early next year.  We've always had older rescues and this is the first puppy-ish we've adopted - but the intelligence and character she shows makes me feel it would be unfair not to make an effort to train her properly.  

It was also amazing to see how much she absorbed in a week - I'm guessing 3 months in a kennel where the only stimulus was other dogs barking must have made her brain like a big sponge.

I've been reading your posts about training Enzo and it's inspired me to take Lucy to puppy school early next year. We've always had older rescues and this is the first puppy-ish we've adopted - but the intelligence and character she shows makes me feel it would be unfair not to make an effort to train her properly.

It was also amazing to see how much she absorbed in a week - I'm guessing 3 months in a kennel where the only stimulus was other dogs barking must have made her brain like a big sponge.

They really love it..it's fun, okay takes a lot of time and patience.. but so worth it..I think having a doggo you can trust in any situation and being able control doggo is very important...esp with a larger breed .. Enzo even at 6 months old is very very strong and if he isn't trained we could have serious issues once he is fully grown...and that wouldn't be his fault but ours.

Oh oh...someone was naughty and was put in a time out while Bruce and Coda got rubs[emoji3064]d7ff517456696bb2ffb4b6742a8fc326.jpg

Edited by Gen

They really love it..it's fun, okay takes a lot of time and patience.. but so worth it..I think having a doggo you can trust in any situation and being able control doggo is very important...esp with a larger breed .. Enzo even at 6 months old is very very strong and if he isn't trained we could have serious issues once he is fully grown...and that wouldn't be his fault but ours.

We're seeing it with Lucy now as she gets more confident - she's got a lot of attitude and doesn't back down at all - if we don't set some boundaries then I suspect we are going to have our hands full.  And rather than try it ourselves, we think it's better to get a professional involved.