Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You think it will get me back to racing snake weight? Do they have a golden years low calorie one ? Asking for a friend who is also struggling with a sticky 5 kg :ph34r: 

Not asking for a friend.  I have a sticky 10 kg but I am more worried that with this diet I will end up trying to stay with the racing snakes to smell their arses.  :ph34r:  :whistling:

Our Bruce has arthritis....so he is on a course of injections for 6 weeks.. (we are in week three) but he also has to lose weight to help with the arthritis..he has lost a few kgs since the diagnosis..we now have him on Hills low calorie joint and whatever food.. Vet weighed him today and he is 23kg..the target is 18kg..vet wants him slender.. 5 to go...poor thing we also can't exercise him too much cause he needs a lot of rest to help with the pain that flairs up..and he so loves food.[emoji22]

You think it will get me back to racing snake weight? Do they have a golden years low calorie one ? Asking for a friend who is also struggling with a sticky 5 kg :ph34r: 

Have had good success with Vet's Choice diet version, getting up to 8kg off dogs I've got back from friends when I've been out the country for long periods.

(especially on ahhh..."older Labradors" DJR, cant personally vouch for the taste but)

Have had good success with Vet's Choice diet version, getting up to 8kg off dogs I've got back from friends when I've been out the country for long periods.

(especially on ahhh..."older Labradors" DJR, cant personally vouch for the taste but)

Great to hear..

Our Bruce has arthritis....so he is on a course of injections for 6 weeks.. (we are in week three) but he also has to lose weight to help with the arthritis..he has lost a few kgs since the diagnosis..we now have him on Hills low calorie joint and whatever food.. Vet weighed him today and he is 23kg..the target is 18kg..vet wants him slender.. 5 to go...poor thing we also can't exercise him too much cause he needs a lot of rest to help with the pain that flairs up..and he so loves food.[emoji22]

Gen try this, it changed my GSD life

https://promixpets.com/products/jointq2020/

My father kept a few hives and supplied me with free honey for many years, but regrettably I did not learn the what and how of it from him. After many years he developed an allergy and then stopped doing it. :(

My ex kept two hives in Fish Hoek.She took a course in Cape Town and had great success.All the kit and everything.

Our Marsie has nylon knee tendons and back problems so keeping her weight down is important . I decided that since a real food LCHF diet has been so good for me our two need to go the same way. So they get two eggs a day, meat and a bone, with only a cup of processed food. Both are slender with cold noses always. Marsie manages our 10km run/walks in the forest without any problem now.18 months ago she was distressed after a 5km Park run where we both did duty as the tail walker.

Edited by The Guy in Pink

3 km into our run in Hanglip forest this morning with Marsie and Toffee we came across a spoor trail along the track  we were running. This photo is only 1,5km from our house and 500m from the nearest houses in town.

We have rather large Kittens in our forest.   

post-63-0-22706100-1598183458_thumb.jpg

3 km into our run in Hanglip forest this morning with Marsie and Toffee we came across a spoor trail along the track we were running. This photo is only 1,5km from our house and 500m from the nearest houses in town.

I used to come across cervel in the forests by my old house in SA... Ok..I came across one once.. But there's enough duiker and small rodents in the forests to keep them happy and I'm sure there's a fair number in a big expanse of forestry

3 km into our run in Hanglip forest this morning with Marsie and Toffee we came across a spoor trail along the track we were running. This photo is only 1,5km from our house and 500m from the nearest houses in town.

Looks like a dog spoor. Definitely not a leopard or big cat, and doubt it’s a cheetah. Here’s a leopard spoor, from Simonsberg.

9dc398f6d63b27b4ceabe030ee3ca17e.jpg

Edited by stefmeister

Looks like a dog spoor. Definitely not a leopard or big cat, and doubt it’s a cheetah. Here’s a leopard spoor, from Simonsberg.9dc398f6d63b27b4ceabe030ee3ca17e.jpg

It's far bigger than our dogs. Married is 35kg and much smaller. Being in loose sandy soil the image is not clear, but it is leopard. There are plenty on the mountain. The similarities to the attached are marked

post-63-0-67105600-1598203059_thumb.jpg

We have a standard Newby iniatition for their first night ride on our mountain. On the darkest part of the forest we say to the Newby we will wait for him at the top of this climb. If he hears a noise in the bush not to worry it is maybe a porkupine or kudu, but if there is no noise at all - it is a leopard. . . . Most newbies are never dropped on the climb.