Show us your pets

tunariaan

That picture of them cuddling.........what a winner! :clap:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Have to agree. My dogs don't really cuddle each other but let a human lie down and its another story.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stella turned one recently. That means that phase 1 (theoretical part?) of her training is now done and that the real practical part (on the job?) is about to start. We were alone on the Durbanville Hills and I wanted to take a picture of us. Well, a selfie with her next to me was totally impossible! Wiggling like a bag of eels with a lightning longue through my face is all I achieved. Next I got her to sit and stay in the background, but nearly all the pictures only showed the tail end of a black dog on her way out of the frame after some delicious scent. (Clearly some more training is needed in this regard.) Finally, I put her on the bonnet of the Landy and that kept her in one place for long enough to take a picture at the place of her first "job".

post-17716-0-55178500-1607233165_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

The meanest thing you can ask Enzo is if he wants to go to the beach when the beach is 600km away.

He was asked, he was ready..ran to the bakkie waited for my son to open it and promptly hopped in[emoji1787]post-39623-16072514998724.jpg

Vladimir and Babette are getting big now. We have put them together for the first time. The whole town is getting together and supplying chicken necks and wings. We have even had a supply of rodents that people's cats have caught and then brought home. One of the local farmers has supplied a decent sized traveling cage as well.

post-11947-0-42008900-1607406537_thumb.jpg

And now Hoot has joined the party as well. Pretty grumpy

post-11947-0-09426200-1607406568_thumb.jpg

Aye

Bruce has been struggling the last while so the vet retook x-rays.. the arthritis in his hip is okay unfortunately his left knee is quite bad.

We can't do more than we do, special food, supplements, monthly shot and chronic meds.

He did however achieve his goal weight and is a sexy 18kg..so that helps

Now it's all about pain management... it would help if he stopped running around like a mad thing (when he isn't sore) chasing birds and tracking smells the whole yard.. Enzo doesn't help cause they play most of the day[emoji2358] or course he now over compensates by using his right leg more and of course then the right leg get sore..

Poor baby.[emoji26]

Edited by Gen

I kinda like this thread :clap:

No tech, No politics, No bragging since STRAVA can't track this, AND pets are good for your emotional well-being.

Before the savage streak in some of you is allowed some fresh air - I say the above with tongue in cheek

Here's my housemates, BUT do not be fooled by the tranquility of the images. At 5 months, the little one lives up to their reputation as being paw X paw terrors. Socks, underwear, shoes, dishwasher drain pipe, electrical cords, garden hoses :wacko:

They tolerate each other remarkably well. The poor cat runs a "gauntlet" each time he makes it to his food station.

Maya ....... 12yr old German

Nanook .........  5mth old Siberian

Siberian Huskey. Yes, you are going to have an interesting time once the blue yonder beckons with an open gate!

BTW, Siberian Huskeys and GSDs make very good friends.

Edited by Moridin

What is he wearing?

Haha Misty does BoHo chic. Unfortunately she's a self mutilator and she plucks her feathers. That's quite an old pic -she's a fragile little girl so it's to keep her warm though they never stay on long. Right now during summer she has a soft collar on  - much like a collar of shame but these birds are all rescue birds and many of them have holes in their chests from self mutilation so until we can rehabilitate them out of the habit of biting themselves, they got to wear their funny jerseys. 

current collar - it's soft so doesn't get the way and if she chews she chews the collar - not herself.

post-44041-0-72757700-1608107232_thumb.jpg

common sight amongst rescue birds - a hole in their chest from self mutilation

post-44041-0-56098600-1608107246_thumb.jpg

and some other more "designer" gear for the flock

post-44041-0-80939000-1608107313_thumb.jpg

all residents of parrot rehab facilty in joburg

https://web.facebook.com/BrainyBirds/

Haha Misty does BoHo chic. Unfortunately she's a self mutilator and she plucks her feathers. That's quite an old pic -she's a fragile little girl so it's to keep her warm though they never stay on long. Right now during summer she has a soft collar on  - much like a collar of shame but these birds are all rescue birds and many of them have holes in their chests from self mutilation so until we can rehabilitate them out of the habit of biting themselves, they got to wear their funny jerseys. 

current collar - it's soft so doesn't get the way and if she chews she chews the collar - not herself.

attachicon.gifmisty.jpg

attachicon.gifbon.jpg

attachicon.gifthula.jpg

learnt something new there. Good work Uni.  :thumbup:

attachicon.gifmisty.jpg

attachicon.gifbon.jpg

attachicon.gifthula.jpg

Shame man.I was wondering about those tatty birds one sees quite a lot.Is it stress?