tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

313a26bce2d9b67deb797fba77c42a97.jpg

Baloo. 40kgs of who goes there?

He 's not doing it right. I can't see out of our window because of all the mutt's slobber. He really foams at the mouth if someone comes to the door.

He 's not doing it right. I can't see out of our window because of all the mutt's slobber. He really foams at the mouth if someone comes to the door.

have mercy on whomever has the misfortune of washing your windows.

I am petrified of birds

This comes from when I was little and a peacock chased me across a busy road

Funny thing had a bite to eat while waiting for my nephew's plane to land and a stupid damn birdie decided to come help itself to some of my leftovers.

Little did he know that I did really good being able to snap a pic in my near frozen state

So yeah I'll be sticking to cats and dogs.

attachicon.gif20201216_111122.jpg

Trust me  Iv'e always been petrified of birds, I'm still a bit weary and I have a VERY healthy respect for the power of these birds, but here's me sitting with a Hyacinth Macaw on my arm  :eek:

post-44041-0-15413500-1608281800_thumb.jpg

Our bird family...

They all have their own personalities.

Kiwi (Yellow and green has been with us the longest) is my “liefie liefie”

She will sit on my head for a long time and will try to sit on the couch with us. She was a little dinosaur, but changed since the other babies arrived.

b29732e470e733655c11461bfd31359f.jpg0a000d3a9139231fba8bf550fcefeb7d.jpg

Stellas' latest victim - the rudder cables of the white kayak. I KNEW I should have put the covers back on, but the boats were still wet, so I thought, let them dry properly first, what damage could she do in an hour or two - now we know - kayak not functional until I can find the right cable!  

post-17716-0-54941700-1609062712_thumb.jpg

Stellas' latest victim - the rudder cables of the white kayak. I KNEW I should have put the covers back on, but the boats were still wet, so I thought, let them dry properly first, what damage could she do in an hour or two - now we know - kayak not functional until I can find the right cable!  

Ha ha

Orka will have it.

Aye Stella's owner should know better than to leave a pup with chewie things..which is everything.[emoji1787][emoji6]

Ha ha

Orka will have it.

Thanks for the tip.  :thumbup:They are around the corner from me, but I didn't think of them.  :blush:

Thanks for the tip.  :thumbup:They are around the corner from me, but I didn't think of them.  :blush:

Not Claremont Orca

Opposite the Blue Route Mall

Not Claremont Orca

Opposite the Blue Route Mall

Aah, yes, got it. Thanks. I was thinking Orca, not Orka, slow in the head today! 

• 2 weeks later...

Not really a pet but a Karoo Thrush with a rather large and hungry chick.

Discovered in the brush outside my study window.

We tried to handraise one which we found in the grass. But to no avail

We tried to handraise one which we found in the grass. But to no avail

This little one seems to be surviving.

They have moved about 6m to a more secluded spot in my garden.

Not sure how the parents got it right 

Vladimir and Babette start the next chapter of their lives. They were supposed to go to the rehab centre a few weeks ago but Covid got in the way. In a way it was a blessing in disguise as we eventually got Babette to use her right claw and perches on in very nicely. Apologies for the poor image quality as it come from a video screen shot.

post-11947-0-46385000-1610349897_thumb.jpg

The mutt obviously doesn't know about the legend of King Canute and stopping the tide coming in. He's going to get wet in a few minutes. He seems to think the top step of the pool was made for him.

post-11947-0-51386700-1610453653_thumb.jpg