Show us your pets

tunariaan

The laaitie walked over a snake yesterday, next to a little stream close to Bottelary Road. I only saw the bastard thing as Quintus went past, lying there flicking his tongue... i did crap my short pant twice! I think it was a mole snake, dark brown, smallish head, long thin body semi stretched out in the afternoon sun. I can only assume it to have been a mole snake because if it was a cobra things probably would have been different. Im just so relieved nothing happened, but hell it freaked me out! 

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, gemmerbal said:

The laaitie walked over a snake yesterday, next to a little stream close to Bottelary Road. I only saw the bastard thing as Quintus went past, lying there flicking his tongue... i did crap my short pant twice! I think it was a mole snake, dark brown, smallish head, long thin body semi stretched out in the afternoon sun. I can only assume it to have been a mole snake because if it was a cobra things probably would have been different. Im just so relieved nothing happened, but hell it freaked me out! 

We lost a good friend two months back to a Black Mumba . He was dead within a few hours of being bitten. 

2 hours ago, SwissVan said:

Flecka we needa sum more pichas (said in Charlie the golden voice)

I didnt have my phone on me. I was way too flustered to think about pictjas anyway ????

2 hours ago, The Guy in Pink said:

We lost a good friend two months back to a Black Mumba . He was dead within a few hours of being bitten. 

Sorry to hear! Im just glad we dont get mambas here in the WC! Those things are scary!

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, DJR said:

Fixed! But, damn, he's cute!????

Hahaha. He certainly causes a stir wherever we go with him.  They don't seem to be that common in SA.

I love Belgian Malinois-zes.  There was one that was at puppy school with our devil dog and the two of them played up a storm.  I was just amazed at how smart the Malinois was - pinned our Lucy-fer down in a play fight 9 times out of 10.....we referred to it as a hair-missile

Edited by Andymann

3 hours ago, Andymann said:

I love Belgian Malinois-zes.  There was one that was at puppy school with our devil dog and the two of them played up a storm.  I was just amazed at how smart the Malinois was - pinned our Lucy-fer down in a play fight 9 times out of 10.....we referred to it as a hair-missile

look, im a rottie kind of a person, but Malinois are extremely intelligent and very capable dogs, AND the "fur-missile" of choice for the Seals. check out Mike Ritland, ex Navy Seal with the K9 unit. its insane how they train those dogs to be combat ready. these pics give me goose-bumps, imagine the level of trust between canine and handler? man thats insane!

These tech-savvy military dogs will kill you with cuteness (pictures) - CNET

US Navy SEAL Dogs | SEALgrinderPT

K-9s against school shooters? A former Navy SEAL thinks so | SOFREP

17 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

look, im a rottie kind of a person, but Malinois are extremely intelligent and very capable dogs, AND the "fur-missile" of choice for the Seals. check out Mike Ritland, ex Navy Seal with the K9 unit. its insane how they train those dogs to be combat ready. these pics give me goose-bumps, imagine the level of trust between canine and handler? man thats insane!

I don't think we're going to be training our chap to that level. But a friend has suggested proper attack training. He has two Shepards that are trained in that sort of stuff. I'm not sure I have the stomach for that. But he is a working dog. He's 11 weeks old and already doing plats (got to have german commands) and retrieving balls. He already does slack lead walking. He's pretty much house trained. He does have the odd accident but that's my fault really.

I had a shepard (my ex wife has him now) and he was sharp. This guy is maybe even brighter. 

He came with the sit app pre installed.

I need to find him a SWAT harness. Something badass.

We were going to get a bullie but I'm going to contact the breeder and tell her to take me off the list. this guy is a handful. I've really missed having a dog in my life for the last 7 years.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

5 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

I don't think we're going to be training our chap to that level. But he's 11 weeks old and already doing plats (got to have german commands) and retrieving balls. He already does slack lead walking. He's pretty much house trained. He does have the odd accident but that's my fault really.

I had a shepard (my ex wife has him now) and he was sharp. This guy is maybe even brighter. 

He came with the sit app pre installed.

We were going to get a bullie but I'm going to contact the breeder and tell her to take me off the list. this guy is a handful. I've really missed having a dog in my life for the last 7 years.

if you were so inclined you could do ANYHING with him, thats the beauty of the malinois. I've seen people walk them off-lead at the beach and they don't even flinch, they just stick to the heel position no matter what, it was pretty impressive to see.

HAHA, sit app pre-installed... thats a good one!

PLATS is the only correct command by the way ;) I love rotties and Quintus took a while to "break in", I was worried at one stage as he was simply not giving up pulling me to all parts of the park. But now he is really good specially off-lead, to the point where I can send him out and call him back without fail. He is 3 now so I guess he has matured somewhat. 

Congrats on the pup, he is really cute, hope you have many happy years together!