Pretoria East

rduplooy

if you would like to, you can go and ride with the guys from Cycle-fix, at the Silver Lakes Crossing. Ride every saturday at 6:45AM. They go on some of the nicer routes around the PTA east area :)

• 4 weeks later...

To find routes have a look at this site.

http://www.wikiloc.com

It is free and you can download and upload tracks to the site form your GPS device.

I have uploaded some tracks for the north to the site.

Just had a look and I did upload a track for the east.

Edited by allobar

We should organise a group ride in the area, I'm sure I've ridden most of the areas being mentioned but can't recall most of them from the descriptions here

I'm still looking for some directions for the off road route to Rayton. Apparently you can through the farms from the Boschkop side...

Why don't you try Hedianga farm? not the longest but good for the tech stuff. Try searching the forum for Hedianga.

As for a route to Rayton, it has to be possible, we have a route that goes all the way to Chestnut/Rhino park. it is 95% dirt.

Silly question........does the Boschkop MTB trail still exist as an entity (pay to enter etc..) or is it simply the route itself which has remained.

If so how does one get there from Hazeldean???

My riding partner hates the farm roads (and railway line) in the Hazeldean area where we do most of our distance riding so I am trying to find some proper single track to add some more technical challenges top our route.

Why don't you try Hedianga farm? not the longest but good for the tech stuff. Try searching the forum for Hedianga.

As for a route to Rayton, it has to be possible, we have a route that goes all the way to Chestnut/Rhino park. it is 95% dirt.

The place opens way to late for me... I understand they are not open on saturdays and only open at 07:00?

Boschkop trail still exists, bit overgrown bu rideable (works on an honesty system)

From Hazedean shopping centre go down Silverlakes Road past Curro High School and cut through the farm to mooiplaats road - the bike park will be on your right

Jip I saw that... When you get to the end of atterbury (at the gane farm or something), is there some roads that you can take towards lynnwood or should I have turned left into one of the named dirt road by then? Sorry for the dumb questions, just don't want to ride into some batch of hijacking hooligans when I take the wrong turn...

Carry straight on past game farm for another approx 10km at which point Atterburry intersects with Bronkhorst spruit/ Rayton road. i normally catch a left and go down untill I cross Lynwood take a left again and come back see links attached -

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1190494&code=7641ee80a4771ba2bd0d19ffc9ae07e1

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1215258&code=8843c07a266208135424344b9da30d62