Stolen Cannondale

Tilliem

My Cannondale F500 CAD2 was stolen early morning of the 22nd of September from where it is locked onto a bike rack in my carport, next to my cottage, on a farm in the Stellenbosch district. If anyone happens to see it somewhere in a second hand shop or being advertised somewhere I would greatly appreciate if you could notify me.

It is a black Cannondale (see pic)F500 CAD2 with SRAM grip shifts 21 gear. Although this bike was bought in 1997 it seems that the frames alone still go for around R3000. I bought the bike while working in the USA and could afford a good quality bike like this at the time. Although it is old and the head shock technology is outdated, I have upgraded the other component several times and still had great joy out of it. The frame was small and light which enabled me to participate in fun adventure racing where I often have to carry the bike. I cannot affort a similar quality bike and am hearbroken about the bike.

Please let me know if it is seen anywhere.

Thanks

post-27789-0-24073500-1316785452.jpg

Hi Sorry about your loss, but I think 3k for those frames is a bit ambitious... Hope you get it back.

Too bad - classic bike!

I have the 2000-vintage F500 hardtail also with Fatty that I use as my every-day pavement warrior.