Amashova 2011

StevieL

Starting at 6h53 in the B group.

Definitely have my work cut out... :unsure:

Maybe this is my sub-3 year... Fingers crossed.

Edited by StevieL

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting at 6h53 in the B group.

Definitely have my work cut out... :unsure:

Maybe this is my sub-3 year... Fingers crossed.

B group is at 6h35...

Stay with the front end of the group and you should do sub-3

Starting in A...but very little training

B group is at 6h35...

Stay with the front end of the group and you should do sub-3

Starting in A...but very little training

Sorry, I stand corrected. 6h35 is the start time... Early start as I am driving up from Ballito. :o

Batch J @ 7:13. What is interval time between each batch?

From 6:00 to 6:40 its 5 minutes. Thereafter its 3 minute intervals until the last batch at 7:34. Any idea how they decide where those without a prior 'qualifying'/seeding time starts?

I'm starting in batch L, at 7:19

A @ 6:30. Should be interesting with only one week of post-illness training. I think I'll drop back and ride with my girlfriend in L.

VA, 6:05..FUN FUN FUN! That first little climb is going to hurt!

I decided that this year i would hang back with the seaded guys rather than ride VA. Really did not enjoy getting blown out the back on the first hill. They left me so quickly i felt like i had stopped peddaling. Still going to try for my sub 3 from C Bunch.

Edited by specializedfan

The hubbers in group J. What was your 94.7 times? The reason why I asked is that I took a year off to train for the comrades and they seeded me in group J. My time for the 94.7 was 3 hours.

The hubbers in group J. What was your 94.7 times? The reason why I asked is that I took a year off to train for the comrades and they seeded me in group J. My time for the 94.7 was 3 hours.

I did a 2:39 at last year's 94.7 and haven't raced since then. I've been seeded in A.

Sorry for the hijack...this is my first shova, so how do you get to the start of the race (PMB) (Accomm bookings already made in DBN)

Are there buses/trains etc that will leave in early hours of morning of race?

I see elliots have transports for bikes?

:( :unsure:

I decided that this year i would hang back with the seaded guys rather than ride VA. Really did not enjoy getting blown out the back on the first hill. They left me so quickly i felt like i had stopped peddaling. Still going to try for my sub 3 from C Bunch.

Good call....I started in B last year and did 2.57. Iv'e been seeded in VB at 6.10 this year but i'm dropping back to B. Those boys go out way to quick for me!

Good call....I started in B last year and did 2.57. Iv'e been seeded in VB at 6.10 this year but i'm dropping back to B. Those boys go out way to quick for me!

Hey, you can't drop me. Also VB group. I know I will suffer, but I will give it my best. Hoping for sub 2H50 :thumbup: