Climbing Wheels

Zac.A

Hi guys,

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I couldn't find it.

Looking for some climbing wheels, tubular/clincher.

Weight is obviously the primary concern.

Currently have Mavic Ksyriums on.

Also would like to do a poll once some suggestions come in...

So, what would you suggest?

Cheers

Wat hills you planning to use them on / events or races? The hills in Gauteng are different from Cape Town or Mpumalanga

Wat hills you planning to use them on / events or races? The hills in Gauteng are different from Cape Town or Mpumalanga

all depends on your budget. Zipp 202, very light but costly, easton EC 90 SLX or easton EC 90 Sl, Bontrager Race XXX Lite.

You will not get better/lighter climbing wheels than the Easton EA90 SLX Carbon tubbies! They pure climbing wheels and weigh about 1080grams for the set. I have a pair to sell if you interested. :rolleyes:

post-949-0-80676300-1317292023.jpg

AuctionLamb, You must have meant EC 90 SLX, cos EA90SLX weight is 1398grams as per the Easton web site even so the EC90SLX weight is not even that stated by you they weigh 1175grams.

AuctionLamb, You must have meant EC 90 SLX, cos EA90SLX weight is 1398grams as per the Easton web site even so the EC90SLX weight is not even that stated by you they weigh 1175grams.

Sorry...forgot mixed the wheels names up with copy and paste error from my side. About the weight...I wrote "about 1080grams" and not "exact weight 1080grams".

Sorry...forgot mixed the wheels names up with copy and paste error from my side. About the weight...I wrote "about 1080grams" and not "exact weight 1080grams".

:thumbup: and if someone worries about 5g's they got serious issues (except if you're Weight_Weenie) ;)

:thumbup: and if someone worries about 5g's they got serious issues (except if you're Weight_Weenie) ;)

on the hub there is a lot of them...as you can see ;)

You will not get better/lighter climbing wheels than the Easton EA90 SLX Carbon tubbies! They pure climbing wheels and weigh about 1080grams for the set. I have a pair to sell if you interested. :rolleyes:

how much for the EC90SLX you wnat to sell

Hi Zac.A

The Mavic Ksyriums is amongst the lighest clincer wheels that you can buy, the Brontager and Easton wheels are not lighter.

Think you will be wasting your money to replace Ksyriums with similar weight clincer wheels, the obvious choise to loose weight is tubbies, think you can lose about 200gram on some tubbies, but they have their own problems, if you get a flat your race is over....

Consider putting tubeless tyres on the Ksyriums, I did, their are lighter than normal tyres (without the tubes in any case) and their don't go flat easily when punctured, the ride quality is on par with tubbies.

Go to www.probikekit.com if you are interested in road tubeless tyres, Look at the Hutchinson Atom or Fusion

Thank me later:

Lightweight Ventoux

Front: 437g

post-4352-0-27827500-1317308368.jpg

Rear: 579g

post-4352-0-75705300-1317308472.jpg

post-4352-0-97488400-1317308500.jpg

post-4352-0-55935300-1317308498.jpg

post-4352-0-55935300-1317308498.jpg

or bling

post-4352-0-38014400-1317308497.jpg

Edited by Tankman

I reckon those lightweights are around R20k?

I was told that I wasn't allowed to use my deep sections at the upcoming youth festival, so I was just seeing what options there were.

I had a feeling it would be hard to lose weight on the ksyriums without doing anything drastic or having to sell the deep sections and the power meter.

Thanks for the advice though.

I'll stick with the ksyriums for now though biggrin.gif

Edit: R29k for the pair, R35k with ceramic bearings. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Edited by Zac.A